+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got his Oath on October 23rd cancelled (Ottawa shooting)?

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
I got my oath cancelled last week. This seems to be the case for all people not only some due to the events that happened the day before in Ottawa.

My question is, have anyone heard back from CIC since then? This is really frustranting! After so much waiting and finally getting so close I'm back in the waiting game :( :(

Edit: Local office is Montreal.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bison said:
I got my oath cancelled last week. This seems to be the case for all people not only some due to the events that happened the day before in Ottawa.

My question is, have anyone heard back from CIC since then? This is really frustranting! After so much waiting and finally getting so close I'm back in the waiting game :( :(

Sorry to hear that man... Hopefully will be rescheduled soon. Can you please share your timeline ?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bison said:

dont worry they will give you your new schedule.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bison said:

We have to pay the price due to the actions of some idiots. :mad: :mad:

Kelly77

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend's test at scarborough got cancelled and will be re-scheduled in 2 weeks ???

bir i dont think it's gonna make difference a lot 2 weeks here or there is not a big deal

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
Yes hopefully it won't take too long. I'm worried that they will put us on the waiting line again as if I just passed the test (so 3 months encore!). I also planned a 2 week trip by the end of this year and my PR expires in 3 months!

My timeline:

Single Application.
Received application: December 17, 2012.
Started processing: February 22, 2013.
RQ requested: End February 2014.
RQ sent: Mid April 2014.
Test: July 23, 2014.
Oath (cancelled): October 23, 2014.
Oath (reschedule): Waiting!

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
Finally I got a second invitation for the oath ceremony to be held on November 14 :D
Hopefully it won't get cancelled again :p

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats!! :) :) :)

Bison said:
Finally I got a second invitation for the oath ceremony to be held on November 14 :D
Hopefully it won't get cancelled again :p

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
Well, finally my journey is over :D

My timeline:

Single Application.
Received application: December 17, 2012.
Started processing: February 22, 2013.
RQ requested: End February 2014.
RQ sent: Mid April 2014.
Test: July 23, 2014.
Oath (cancelled): October 23, 2014.
Oath (rescheduled): November 14, 2014.

I'm finally Canadian ;D next step is applying for passport

jamilkam

Nov 15, 2014
Congratulation,

I'm in the same situation as you, but I have not yet received the new date of the ceremony.
your ecas changed, when you received the second letter of invitation.

office: Montreal

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
I called the call center after approximately one week from the first oath ceremony (I called on Friday) and they told me about the new ceremony.
My Ecas was updated the next week (Wednesday I think) and I got the invitation letter as well.

When was your first ceremony? The 23rd as well?

Don't worry, I'm sure you will be next very soon :)