+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got approval for ICT WP applied in August from US?

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
My timeline for anyone interested
W1 Tue - Email to VFS
W1 Thu - Payment link & Payment
W2 Mon - Shipping Label & dispatch
W2 Wed - Visa stamped
W2 Fri - Passport returned

Interestingly enough, VFS staggered the processing for my spouse by a day so her passport is scheduled to be returned only on Saturday/Monday. Overall, the process takes roughly 2 weeks end-to-end
TonayAx:

Can you pls walk me through on sending passport to VAC.

I am submitting from US, so we got two request one for me and another for my wife.
So we need to send to New york office ?
Both Passport request , email, payment using link everything separate for me and my wife ?

Pls clarify, thanks.

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
TonayAx:

Can you pls walk me through on sending passport to VAC.

I am submitting from US, so we got two request one for me and another for my wife.
So we need to send to New york office ?
Both Passport request , email, payment using link everything separate for me and my wife ?

Pls clarify, thanks.
Take a look at the Submit Passport and other documents section for all the details - VFS link

Short version is that you email vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com with the list of applicants and email IDs. They'll send a payment link to each ID. Once you complete the payment they'll email you Fedex shipping labels for NY VAC. Take the labels and the documents to the nearest Fedex location and you are done.

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Hi brb2288, Which location u applied for work permit ? and also what is your approximate travel date from US to canada?
I applied for Toronto , already travelled this weekend.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
I have applied ICT work permit visa from USA

Application filed date - 11/24
Biometrics Date - 12/14

I didnt receive BVL letter. whom should i contact for?

Now processing date is 15 weeks

Processing times will start from after BVL received?? or from the biometrics date?

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
I heard Canada WP Visa is approving very fastly within 5-7 weeks from the biometrics date it is approving.

is it so?

Biriyan

Oct 7, 2020
I have applied ICT work permit visa from USA

Application filed date - 11/24
Biometrics Date - 12/14

I didnt receive BVL letter. whom should i contact for?

Now processing date is 15 weeks

Processing times will start from after BVL received?? or from the biometrics date?
I got biom
I heard Canada WP Visa is approving very fastly within 5-7 weeks from the biometrics date it is approving.

is it so?
dont think so.. mine took 13-14 week after biometric.. and I got my biometric correspondence letter with passport request

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
I got biom

dont think so.. mine took 13-14 week after biometric.. and I got my biometric correspondence letter with passport request
Thanks Biriyan

I saw a couple of posts that shows approval date is lesser now a days.

Application filed on 10/23 approved on 12/17

Please share the dates for my reference.

Application filed date -
Biometrics Date -
BVL Date -
Passport Request Date -

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
Hi TonyAx, Please share your travel experience once you are in canada.. Also have you figured out how to apply for bank account and SIN during quarantine?
Was pretty straightforward. Flew in to Toronto, at the first immigration desk they check your visa, customs declaration form and send you on to another section for the work permit. I was asked for the letter of approval, employer offer letter, quarantine plan and provided with the work permit 5-10 mins later. For customs, I had a goods to follow list ready for stamping but the officer told me that it only applies to PR holders (and possibly work permits longer than 36 months). Took an airport taxi and checked into an AirBnB after that.

Haven't fully solved for the SIN & bank account yet. There is going to be a total lockdown in ON after boxing day (26th). Also, there is some discussion around the 14 day quarantine getting replaced with a COVID test on arrival in YYZ and a 2-day quarantine (if negative). Something to look into for people who are planning their travel in the coming weeks. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Was pretty straightforward. Flew in to Toronto, at the first immigration desk they check your visa, customs declaration form and send you on to another section for the work permit. I was asked for the letter of approval, employer offer letter and provided with the work permit 5-10 mins later. For customs, I had a goods to follow list ready for stamping but the officer told me that it only applies to PR holders (and possibly work permits longer than 36 months). Took an airport taxi and checked into an AirBnB after that.

Haven't fully solved for the SIN & bank account yet. There is going to be a total lockdown in ON after boxing day (26th). Also, there is some discussion around the 14 day quarantine getting replaced with a COVID test on arrival in YYZ and a 2-day quarantine (if negative). Something to look into for people who are planning their travel in the coming weeks. Hope this helps.
Hey Tony :

This approval letter, is something they sent along with the Passport after stamping ?

bl05

Aug 17, 2020
Was pretty straightforward. Flew in to Toronto, at the first immigration desk they check your visa, customs declaration form and send you on to another section for the work permit. I was asked for the letter of approval, employer offer letter, quarantine plan and provided with the work permit 5-10 mins later. For customs, I had a goods to follow list ready for stamping but the officer told me that it only applies to PR holders (and possibly work permits longer than 36 months). Took an airport taxi and checked into an AirBnB after that.

Thank you for the detailed information. Did u apply for the SIN inside the airport? If yes what documents did u submit?