+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from US (H1 visa holder) added a spouse after copr - got married in the US

Simonsaysyes

Jul 29, 2021
have received my copr and single entry visa this year jan 2021 with single status.

May 2021: I got married in may and updated the same to the ircc. They asked me to submit the required documents for my spouse.I am on H1B - but my partner has no valid H1 status.

June 14 2021: We uploaded all the forms, marriage certificate, payment, pcc etc using web form. We also wrote a detailed cover letter describing why we had to get married now etc.

June 23 2021: We got an acknowledgment that

“ We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

July 13th 2021: since no reply from ircc, we sent an upfront medical for my spouse and attached our financials just to expedite the process. My employer in the USA agreed to transfer me to Toronto so i have the additional pressure of giving them my timeline. I mentioned the same in the webform as well.

July 23rd 2021: acknowledgement of the uploaded documents and generic reply again.

Note: they have not asked me to send my previous copr or passport to cancel that yet.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? When we spoke to a lawyer she said this process will take about 2-3 months to get your single entry visas and copr. Is that an accurate timeline for 2021 ? Did anyone get any other info or AOR for adding spouse when you send them these documents. Please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
have received my copr and single entry visa this year jan 2021 with single status.

May 2021: I got married in may and updated the same to the ircc. They asked me to submit the required documents for my spouse.I am on H1B - but my partner has no valid H1 status.

June 14 2021: We uploaded all the forms, marriage certificate, payment, pcc etc using web form. We also wrote a detailed cover letter describing why we had to get married now etc.

June 23 2021: We got an acknowledgment that

“ We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

July 13th 2021: since no reply from ircc, we sent an upfront medical for my spouse and attached our financials just to expedite the process. My employer in the USA agreed to transfer me to Toronto so i have the additional pressure of giving them my timeline. I mentioned the same in the webform as well.

July 23rd 2021: acknowledgement of the uploaded documents and generic reply again.

Note: they have not asked me to send my previous copr or passport to cancel that yet.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? When we spoke to a lawyer she said this process will take about 2-3 months to get your single entry visas and copr. Is that an accurate timeline for 2021 ? Did anyone get any other info or AOR for adding spouse when you send them these documents. Please let me know.
Before COVID, adding a spouse normally took around 4 months. I think it's longer now. So you probably still have several months to wait.

IRCC won't expedite the process due to a job offer in Toronto.

Reactions: harirajmohan