+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Pakistan flown by American Airlines to Canada?????

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Salam guys. I was just wondering whether anyone here from Pakistan has flown to Canada with American Airlines? There are a few things regarding luggage and stuff that I wanna clear out.
Thanks

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wfsoomro said:
Salam guys. I was just wondering whether anyone here from Pakistan has flown to Canada with American Airlines? There are a few things regarding luggage and stuff that I wanna clear out.
Thanks
hello,

I have booking on 8th May

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
jazzyworld said:
hello,

I have booking on 8th May
Acha where are your stop overs and which airlines will take you there? Oh and what has your agent told you about luggage? How much is allowed?

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wfsoomro said:
Acha where are your stop overs and which airlines will take you there? Oh and what has your agent told you about luggage? How much is allowed?
Lahore to Dubai and London via Emirates then to Toronto via AA
I booked directly with AA

Baggage allowed:
23 KG X 1 Bag
9 kg x 1 Hand bag

US$ 123 for 2nd bag if you wanna carry more

how about you ? and in how much you got the ticket ? and when you flying ?

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
jazzyworld said:
Lahore to Dubai and London via Emirates then to Toronto via AA
I booked directly with AA

Baggage allowed:
23 KG X 1 Bag
9 kg x 1 Hand bag

US$ 123 for 2nd bag if you wanna carry more

how about you ? and in how much you got the ticket ? and when you flying ?
I am to fly on the 23rd of this month. I have the same schedule as yours, khi to dubai to london via emirates and then From there to montreal via british airways. the ticket cost me 70K and I have been told that for the extra bag emirates would charge me $ 175/- :-/

How much did yours cost?

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wfsoomro said:
I am to fly on the 23rd of this month. I have the same schedule as yours, khi to dubai to london via emirates and then From there to montreal via british airways. the ticket cost me 70K and I have been told that for the extra bag emirates would charge me $ 175/- :-/

How much did yours cost?
I got it in 69,000

$ 175 is when you buy extra on the Airport. if you book extra bag on advance cost will be 123$ please see below a copy paste from Emirates Airline website...
Have a safe journey and please do not forget to share your experience.

and yes dont forget that you have a terminal change at Heathrow

additional baggage allowance online

Passengers may purchase additional checked baggage allowance online at a 30% discount when managing an existing booking.
When purchasing online: CAD 123 per additional piece(plus applicable taxes)
When purchasing at the airport: CAD 175 per additional piece(plus applicable taxes)

Retrieve an existing booking and purchase additional baggage allowance
Excess baggage rates at the airport

Price per piece: CAD 175 (plus applicable taxes)

Evaluate increasing your baggage allowances by using our baggage allowances calculator. You will need to pay the excess baggage charges at the airport check-in counter.

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
So how do i buy extra baggage online? Is it valid for AA passengers as well or only emirates?

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wfsoomro said:
So how do i buy extra baggage online? Is it valid for AA passengers as well or only emirates?
YOur baggage will be handle by Emirates till you reach Canada
Check this link you might find it on here,

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator.aspx

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Nothing yet bro. Have yet to find a jaan pehchaan wala guy who can guide me better.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
wfsoomro said:
Thanks
dunno how much help this would be but i traveled from ISB(emirates)-DUBAI(emirates)-NY(AA)-TOR,

firstly, if you are pakistani aka have a green passport, lol be ready to be taken to the back room and asked stuff (at NY) lol :p

you will have to take off your luggage at NY, thats what i had to do and resubmit it to the emirates ppl, so they can transfer it. (you dont have to get it scanned or checked)---do carry some change (quarters etc) cos u have to pay for a trolley.

Overall i would advise against going to Canada via the US, unless you are desperate like I was....

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
dunno how much help this would be but i traveled from ISB(emirates)-DUBAI(emirates)-NY(AA)-TOR,

firstly, if you are pakistani aka have a green passport, lol be ready to be taken to the back room and asked stuff (at NY) lol :p

you will have to take off your luggage at NY, thats what i had to do and resubmit it to the emirates ppl, so they can transfer it. (you dont have to get it scanned or checked)---do carry some change (quarters etc) cos u have to pay for a trolley.

Overall i would advise against going to Canada via the US, unless you are desperate like I was....
mate.. no reply ? where are you these days? Hows humber going?

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
wJaz said:
mate.. no reply ? where are you these days? Hows humber going?
Lol man these two months have been BORING, luckily the place where i had a Co-op with LSBF called me back to work, so i could pass the time... As for Humber, Classes start on 6th May, but orientation hai 2nd n 3rd ko!!! :p cant wait till oct/nov so I can get an off campus work permit... Canada is EXPENSIVE :p

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
If u are travelling for the first time ( Specially to North America ) try avoiding a transit in the US. They will do ur immigration and background questioning there.
Try taking the direct PIA flight. It will give u the Max baggage allowance and its direct.
Now i know PIA is not the best carrier, but it will def be the best in terms of timings. Second option should be Dubai to Toronto- Direct.

Avoid the hassle of US customs/ Immigration and excessive questioning.

Boston bombings are taking place as i write this post. (very unfortunate and lets hope it doesn't turn out to be some stupid Pakistani).

Now having said that, the US airports will go on special alert for the next couple of weeks/ months. Avoiding them will be a good idea.

Good luck and safe travels.