+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Nepal?

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
Since most of the treads related to gift deed mention notarizing the document, I asked a couple of lawyers if I could get mine notarized as well. When I showed them the document format, they suggested me to change the word 'gifted' as you can see in the phrase below to 'donated'
( I, Your Father Name, S/o Your Grandfather Name, R/o ADDRESS, do hereby on dated 00/10/2020 make a gift-deed for a gift made on date of 00/10/2020, Rs. 000000/-)
I used the Gift deed format from the link below;
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/

However, there are other threads where few applicants mentioned that they got the gift-deed signed only by witnesses but didn't notarize it. I don't know if it worked for their application or not.

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
Since most of the treads related to gift deed mention notarizing the document, I asked a couple of lawyers if I could get mine notarized as well. When I showed them the document format, they suggested me to change the word 'gifted' as you can see in the phrase below to 'donated'
( I, Your Father Name, S/o Your Grandfather Name, R/o ADDRESS, do hereby on dated 00/10/2020 make a gift-deed for a gift made on date of 00/10/2020, Rs. 000000/-)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/

However, there are other threads where few applicants mentioned that they got the gift-deed signed only by witnesses but didn't notarize it. I don't know if it worked for their application or not.
plus in my case its from my uncle and not my parents

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018

Hi,
You can use the gift deed format from the forum you have linked without any issue. With regard to changing the phrase "Gift" to "Donation" doesn't feel good.
Try to analyze it from visa officer's perspective. They want to know if the funds you have are unencumbered and no one has any expectation from the amount you receive. Donation is generally given for charitable purpose and have some expectations from Donor and should use in the manner prescribed by Donor, whereas Gifts are given without the expectation of payment and can be used for any purpose.

So if I were you, I would keep the word "Gift" instead of "Donation" because we know this works and we don't know yet if the phrase "Donation" works because we have not seen anyone using it. Why would you take a chance with IRCC? PLUS you are receiving money from your uncle which is a bit trickier than the receiving amounts from your parents.

BOTTOMLINE:
1. I recommend you using the phrase "GIFT" and avoid "DONATION".
2. You definitely need to notarize the documents to establish it's legality since your gift is not from your parents.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: canrazep

ankitshah1910

Jan 30, 2020
Hello, I am planning to apply to Canada Express Entry. Education is Masters in mathematic from TU. I have already signed up in WES, but ECA document ko lagi k k garnu parne huncha, like TU bata k bhanera document attest garne and then IELTS score kati chaincha, aagadi badhna lai. I am completely new, can someone help me through the process? aagadi k garne and kasari, I have no idea.

manishph

Dec 24, 2020
Hello guys,

I from Nepal received my ITA last month. I have completed all the process and now left with the POF related documents. One such document is gift deed.

My lawyer suggested me to get the gift deed made in Nepali language and get it translated to English and then get it notorized (both Nepali and English copies). Is it really necessary?

Also, I have lived in India for a long time and I have noticed that Indians prepare gift deed on stamp paper and then notorize it. What is the stamp paper equivalent document in Nepal on which gift deed is to be prepared?

Also, someone told me that the deed needs to be attested by your ward office. Is it necessary for a gift deed?

Anyone from Nepal who has prepared a gift deed, kindly guide me through the process.

Thanks.

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
Hello guys,

I from Nepal received my ITA last month. I have completed all the process and now left with the POF related documents. One such document is gift deed.

My lawyer suggested me to get the gift deed made in Nepali language and get it translated to English and then get it notorized (both Nepali and English copies). Is it really necessary?

Also, I have lived in India for a long time and I have noticed that Indians prepare gift deed on stamp paper and then notorize it. What is the stamp paper equivalent document in Nepal on which gift deed is to be prepared?

Also, someone told me that the deed needs to be attested by your ward office. Is it necessary for a gift deed?

Anyone from Nepal who has prepared a gift deed, kindly guide me through the process.

Thanks.
Hello,

I made one recently. I just prepared a gift deed from the format found in one of the threads in this forum. I made it in English only. They just stamp it and sign it. If you know a lawyer tell them that it is just a requirement for Express entry to show them that Person X gave you the money and You received it and that it is required only to show them that is your money to use for the settlement fund.

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
Hello guys,

Thanks.
Also check this thread.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-process-for-nepal-nepalese-citizen.572047/post-9144668

dudbc

May 5, 2019
Hello, I am planning to apply to Canada Express Entry. Education is Masters in mathematic from TU. I have already signed up in WES, but ECA document ko lagi k k garnu parne huncha, like TU bata k bhanera document attest garne and then IELTS score kati chaincha, aagadi badhna lai. I am completely new, can someone help me through the process? aagadi k garne and kasari, I have no idea.
photocopy your transcript and degree, get it signed and attested from the TU registrar and seal it in envelop then get the registrar stamp the envelop properly as mentioned in WES website. IELTS scopre LRWS-8/7/7/7 is recommended for good score. all the best