+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
You'll be taking the oath with everyone as a group at the same time, not separately. The only time you'll be one-on-one with an official is when your ID and address are validated by a clerk, this is also when you'll be cutting up your PR card. During the oath ceremony itself there are clerks who check everyone on the screen to make sure they are repeating the words to the oath after the judge or the presiding official.

Congrats btw!!
Thank you very much for the very detailed explanation Cobie!! :)
Would you mind if I ask how long the oath takes? On the Email it said the oath starts at 8:15 AM EDT. That’s surprisingly early >.<

Reactions: cobie2

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Would you mind if I ask how long the oath takes? On the Email it said the oath starts at 8:15 AM EDT. That’s surprisingly early >.<
I think I started around the same time and it wrapped up around 09h30 or so, give or take.

Reactions: happysheep

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Mine took around 2.5 hours, from 9:00am until 11:30a.m. I think it was because we were a rather large group (134 people) so it took longer to validate the IDs and addresses of each person.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Mine took around 2.5 hours, from 9:00am until 11:30a.m. I think it was because we were a rather large group (134 people) so it took longer to validate the IDs and addresses of each person.
Hi @cobie2 when you say they are validating address - how is it being done? What if I changed address but did not update my Driving License yet, will that be an issue? Please share your thoughts on what they are checking.

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Hi @cobie2 when you say they are validating address - how is it being done? What if I changed address but did not update my Driving License yet, will that be an issue? Please share your thoughts on what they are checking.
You'll have to update your address with the clerk during the registration process (you'll be asked if your address has changed since you applied), you'll also have to include your new address in the email when you email back the signed oath form - you'll be given instructions on this at the end of the ceremony. The address update is just for them to send you the citizenship certificate at the right address.

Reactions: PEQ2013 and svk1520

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Lucky you! From Québec city too, applied in sept 2020. nothing since my test. Did you request some ATIP notes ?
I am sure your turn will come soon, I did apply a few months before you.

Yes, I did request ATIP notes in March 21. At that time, nothing had started and there wasn't much to see in the notes.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I would bank…
So, my citizenship application brother (sister) :), my journey is also over. The passport was delivered today to my US address. Turnaround time is aprx. a month by mail. You and I were psychologically connected during the entire process. ;)I’m glad that the outcome was equally good for both of us!

The passport is very good looking, guys!

Courage and good luck to those who’re still waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: chs and PEQ2013

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
So, my citizenship application brother (sister) :), my journey is also over. The passport was delivered today to my US address. Turnaround time is aprx. a month by mail. You and I were psychologically connected during the entire process. ;)I’m glad that the outcome was equally good for both of us!

The passport is very good looking, guys!

Courage and good luck to those who’re still waiting!
Congrats, friend, it is, indeed, over! Make sure to scan it and keep the data (and passport) somewhere safe - you don't want to have to go through THAT mess again! ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Orgcom

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
From Quebec city, app sent in Jan 20 and just got decision made today. I am now finally joining the queue for oath!
Is your oath invite office specific like the test?
when was your AOR and background check date? And when is your PR expiring?