+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

AnkiQC

Dec 28, 2021
July 2019 applicant. Test completed in June, all completed in July 26. No updates since. I've contacted my MP and they actually got back to me asking for more info and my phone number. They called me a couple of days later saying they spoke with an officer who confirmed the application processing was completed and that I would probably be getting the oath invite "in the next couple of weeks" (this was early december.)

The person from the MP office told me to call her back if I'm not a citizen by end of January so she could follow up again with the IRCC. So let's wait and see...

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021
Hello Montreal applicants. Please see @rajkamalmohanram 's post about IRCC corporate records - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9888887

In the report on page 132 you can find statistics of pending application by stage as of Sep 11, 2021. In particular note the row for "Montreal Citizenship".
There 14,610 applications out of 56,892 total applications that are in "Ceremony Ready" stage.
This means about 25% of pending application at the Montreal office are still waiting for oath to be scheduled. AFAICT, this is the highest number amongst all other offices in Canada.

Reactions: chs and snowy2015

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Hello Montreal applicants. Please see @rajkamalmohanram 's post about IRCC corporate records - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9888887

In the report on page 132 you can find statistics of pending application by stage as of Sep 11, 2021. In particular note the row for "Montreal Citizenship".
There 14,610 applications out of 56,892 total applications that are in "Ceremony Ready" stage.
This means about 25% of pending application at the Montreal office are still waiting for oath to be scheduled. AFAICT, this is the highest number amongst all other offices in Canada.
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1842528/immigration-ceremonie-residents-permanents-prestation-serment-

I don't know if the data in this article from November has more recent data than September 2021, but the number of ceremony ready is higher in that article,19 689. But it says Quebec, not Montreal, so maybe not the exact same data collection to compare with.

Reactions: chs

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Who is still waiting for ATIP notes from the Montreal office? I applied mine beginning of Nov last year, and still haven't received them, although I followed up using an email address they include in the confirmation email with my request tracking number. So basically, no updates on my file, no response to webforms or telephones, no reaction to complaints, and no ATIP notes. What IRCC is doing? One must wonder. Is this a democratic institution? There is no responses or transparency whatsoever. I doubt you would be treated any worse than this in any other democratic country. Hell, even less democratic countries provide better services than IRCC in Canada

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
H
Who is still waiting for ATIP notes from the Montreal office? I applied mine beginning of Nov last year, and still haven't received them, although I followed up using an email address they include in the confirmation email with my request tracking number. So basically, no updates on my file, no response to webforms or telephones, no reaction to complaints, and no ATIP notes. What IRCC is doing? One must wonder. Is this a democratic institution? There is no responses or transparency whatsoever. I doubt you would be treated any worse than this in any other democratic country. Hell, even less democratic countries provide better services than IRCC in Canada

Sad to hear that. Did you tried to reach local MP to know the exact status...

AnkiQC

Dec 28, 2021
Did anyone ever got anything useful out of their ATIP notes? I requested mine a year or so ago and honestly I haven't learned anything new from them. I wonder if others had a different experience.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Did anyone ever got anything useful out of their ATIP notes? I requested mine a year or so ago and honestly I haven't learned anything new from them. I wonder if others had a different experience.
If you have DM, they would mention if you are granted the citizenship and scheduled for the oath or there is something else going on like security clearance pending ... etc.

Reactions: AnkiQC

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Dear friends, I just received the oath invitation email. My seat is # 53. Would someone mind to tell me will I be in the morning part or afternoon? I guess I’m in the middle?

I appreciate any help :) thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: chs

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Dear friends, I just received the oath invitation email. My seat is # 53. Would someone mind to tell me will I be in the morning part or afternoon? I guess I’m in the middle?

I appreciate any help :) thank you!
You'll be taking the oath with everyone as a group at the same time, not separately. The only time you'll be one-on-one with an official is when your ID and address are validated by a clerk, this is also when you'll be cutting up your PR card. During the oath ceremony itself there are clerks who check everyone on the screen to make sure they are repeating the words to the oath after the judge or the presiding official.

Congrats btw!!