+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Dear Friends, Please let me know average days to receive the Certificate after oath. my oath date was 03rd December. Status still shows as in progress.

Please advise.
When your status is marked as "Completed", that's typically around when the certificate gets mailed. Give it 7-10 days from that date, although it may take longer now, thanks to the holidays.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Dear Friends, Please let me know average days to receive the Certificate after oath. my oath date was 03rd December. Status still shows as in progress.

Please advise.
My oath was on 26 Nov & portal updated to closed on Dec 2, hoping to get it this week if not next week.

Reactions: chs and gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Does this also differs for individual and family based applications ? I scanned and sent the oath form on 03rd only
Oh, I have no idea.

I signed and scanned the oath form the day of my oath and the process was updated to be completed the day after.

I assume that they can not mail you the citizenship certificate until you have sent them your signed oath form.

Maybe that's why it's taking awhile?

It's strange that they closed your application before you sent in your oath forms

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Oh, I have no idea.

I signed and scanned the oath form the day of my oath and the process was updated to be completed the day after.

I assume that they can not mail you the citizenship certificate until you have sent them your signed oath form.

Maybe that's why it's taking awhile?

It's strange that they closed your application before you sent in your oath forms

Hi Gen_z

May be there is misunderstanding

My application still shows as in progress. I signed and sent the document same day as oath i.e. 3rd December.

Question is more on howmany daysafter receiving the forms, the app tracker closes and secondly time to receive certificate at home

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi Gen_z

May be there is misunderstanding

My application still shows as in progress. I signed and sent the document same day as oath i.e. 3rd December.

Question is more on howmany daysafter receiving the forms, the app tracker closes and secondly time to receive certificate at home
I also had the ceremony on Dec 3, and the tracker is still in progress. I mentioned my upcoming trip and attached tickets but I guess, it's not that important for them :(

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I also had the ceremony on Dec 3, and the tracker is still in progress. I mentioned my upcoming trip and attached tickets but I guess, it's not that important for them :(

Oh ok. I am not alone :(.

Were you at 1:00 PM ceremony.. the agent told me that it will take 2 weeks to get the certificates. Keeping my finger crossed..

I too have road trip to USA at the end of year..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
What's wrong with the Montreal office to take other offices' applicants? I just saw someone who applied from Manitoba, whose file is handled by the Montreal office. In addition they applied on April 2021 (17 months after me), and already received DM on their files, which means the Montreal office is fast for later applicants, while for us older applicants our files are collecting dust. Very infuriating. Fu*k IRCC

• Sad
Reactions: chs

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
What's wrong with the Montreal office to take other offices' applicants? I just saw someone who applied from Manitoba, whose file is handled by the Montreal office. In addition they applied on April 2021 (17 months after me), and already received DM on their files, which means the Montreal office is fast for later applicants, while for us older applicants our files are collecting dust. Very infuriating. Fu*k IRCC
I was thinking if it was possible that we use legal ways to push Montreal office?

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I just did some research and find maybe Mandamus cannot help either. Because IRCC can easily explain the situation is because of COVID :(

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I just did some research and find maybe Mandamus cannot help either. Because IRCC can easily explain the situation is because of COVID :(
I am waiting my ATIP notes to see if there is something wrong. If not, I will wait 1-2 months, and then I may file a legal case, but I heard just wring a l formal letter cost $3000, which is too much, and I cannot afford that. IRCC will not budge, unless threatened. I suffered from anxiety and depression because of IRCC malicious practices.

Reactions: happysheep

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I am waiting my ATIP notes to see if there is something wrong. If not, I will wait 1-2 months, and then I may file a legal case, but I heard just wring a l formal letter cost $3000, which is too much, and I cannot afford that. IRCC will not budge, unless threatened. I suffered from anxiety and depression because of IRCC malicious practices.
I totally understand you. I have exact the same feelings as you. I’m waiting for ATIP request too.

Reactions: CaBeaver

hxy610

Mar 10, 2017
I am in the same boat. I sent them my tickets too. But still in progress! Have been more than a week now. I started to get worried.

Reactions: iMayflower