+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I wouldn't do that. If you were still waiting for the test, then maybe, but after DM is not a good idea. How long have you been waiting? 6 months?
Thanks very much for your advice!
Until now I’ve been waiting for 5 months and 4 days. My DM was on July 3, 2021. The system updated on July 5, 2021.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Wow you’re so lucky! Are your application in Montreal office too?
Yes I'm a Montreal applicant. I should add that I ordered GCMS notes twice in the last 3 months and the second time I specifically asked to be informed of the exact reason, if there was any, for why my file was being held up - I don't know if that had any bearing on anything, just mentioning it.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes I'm a Montreal applicant. I should add that I ordered GCMS notes twice in the last 3 months and the second time I specifically asked to be informed of the exact reason, if there was any, for why my file was being held up - I don't know if that had any bearing on anything, just mentioning it.
Congrats. That's super fast. Have you received your second notes? And how you asked for the exact reason? I filled ATIP notes form a month ago, and I don't remember there was a box where we can add comments with the request

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Congrats. That's super fast. Have you received your second notes? And how you asked for the exact reason? I filled ATIP notes form a month ago, and I don't remember there was a box where we can add comments with the request
Thanks.

I haven't received the second set of gcms notes yet - I applied for them 3 weeks ago and seeing as I received my first ones in exactly 30 days I'd say the second ones should be due to arrive sometime next week. There is a space to add comments/relevant information right after the last question:

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I ordered one ATIP notes in October and haven’t received any reply until now :’(
I guess you’re very lucky :)

Reactions: cobie2

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks.

I haven't received the second set of gcms notes yet - I applied for them 3 weeks ago and seeing as I received my first ones in exactly 30 days I'd say the second ones should be due to arrive sometime next week. There is a space to add comments/relevant information right after the last question:
OK, I must have completely forgot about it, probably because the box says to provide "relevant" information, and I am a law-abiding resident/citizen. Next time, I will use this box to complain/ask questions, to hit two or three birds in one stone.

Reactions: cobie2

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Thanks.

Would you mind if I ask should we choose”Personal information under Private Act” the free one, or choose “All government records under Access to Information Act” that costs 5 dollars?

Last time I chose Private Act the free one, and got a temporary tracking number. It said after my request had been registered I’ll receive another Email, but no Email come in anymore.

I guess maybe I chose the wrong one?

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I suspect that some files are being processed in Sydney, and those file are taking the longest for every single step/action/update
Would you mind if I ask should we choose”Personal information under Private Act” the free one, or choose “All government records under Access to Information Act” that costs 5 dollars?

Last time I chose Private Act the free one, and got a temporary tracking number. It said after my request had been registered I’ll receive another Email, but no Email come in anymore.

So my last ATIP request wasn’t registered at all, maybe that’s why I haven’t received any reply yet.

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
OK, I must have completely forgot about it, probably because the box says to provide "relevant" information, and I am a law-abiding resident/citizen. Next time, I will use this box to complain/ask questions, to hit two or three birds in one stone.
For my first request I left that box blank because I did think I had already provided all relevant info. But since my second request was less than a month after I had received the first notes (which btw contained nothing of interest, unusual or non-routine - just showed my file hadn't been touched since the test update) I felt it was necessary to explain why I was submitting another request within such a short timespan.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver