+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Would you mind if I ask should we choose”Personal information under Private Act” the free one, or choose “All government records under Access to Information Act” that costs 5 dollars?

Last time I chose Private Act the free one, and got a temporary tracking number. It said after my request had been registered I’ll receive another Email, but no Email come in anymore.

I guess maybe I chose the wrong one?
You can pick either, it makes no difference. You'll receive the same notes whichever one you pick.

The only other email you'll receive besides the first one is the one with your notes. The first email is just an acknowledgement of your request giving you a tracking number and says a new number will be assigned to your request once it has been registered, not that you'll receive any other email before the notes are ready.

Reactions: happysheep

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
You can pick either, it makes no difference. You'll receive the same notes whichever one you pick.

The only other email you'll receive besides the first one is the one with your notes. The first email is just an acknowledgement of your request giving you a tracking number and says a new number will be assigned to your request once it has been registered, not that you'll receive any other email before the notes are ready.
Thank you very much! You’re very helpful and warm-hearted! :)
I just made another ATIP request. It’s been more than a month that I still haven’t received any reply for the 1st ATIP request >.<

Reactions: cobie2

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Just got my certificate today - appears to take ~ a week to get it from "Complete", very closely mirroring @Orgcom 's experience (My timeline is in my sig)
Congrats, it’s been two weeks after my oath & my agent is likely in deep sleep. Was yours Purolator or Canada post?

No certificate so far, based in Toronto, office of Oath is Montreal. At least it’s better than waiting for Oath.

Reactions: chs

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Wow, Just got that magical email for oath invite and my oath is scheduled ........for 17th December 2021. I'm so over the moon.

But I have a question:

I have already bought my ticket to go back home for a month and I am leaving first week of March 2022. Do you think I can show them my confirmed/paid ticket that i bought almost 3 months ago to get my citizenship certificate expedited to apply for passport ?
Or
I'm thinking maybe leaving Canada for a whole month is not encouraged and it may have a negative impact on my citizenship certificate processing.

Please advise.

Reactions: PEQ2013

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Would you mind if I ask should we choose”Personal information under Private Act” the free one, or choose “All government records under Access to Information Act” that costs 5 dollars?

Last time I chose Private Act the free one, and got a temporary tracking number. It said after my request had been registered I’ll receive another Email, but no Email come in anymore.

I guess maybe I chose the wrong one?
I chose privacy act because it's free, and I remember receiving an acknowledgment immediately after I sent the request. I don't remember what it says. On a related subject, a couple of days ago I sent a webform, and although usually I receive an automated message within hours full of BS excuses, this time I didn't receive any messages. It seems that now I am officially being flagged as annoying to IRCC agents that they don't even bother send me template messages, and prefer not to do their job and be fair to me. They prefer to be childish about it ... I am fed up with this negligence ...

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Wow, Just got that magical email for oath invite and my oath is scheduled ........for 17th December 2021. I'm so over the moon.

But I have a question:

I have already bought my ticket to go back home for a month and I am leaving first week of March 2022. Do you think I can show them my confirmed/paid ticket that i bought almost 3 months ago to get my citizenship certificate expedited to apply for passport ?
Or
I'm thinking maybe leaving Canada for a whole month is not encouraged and it may have a negative impact on my citizenship certificate processing.

Please advise.
You have a plenty of time until March 2022. You don't need urgent processing. Relax

Reactions: chs and SNGHL_2013

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I chose privacy act because it's free, and I remember receiving an acknowledgment immediately after I sent the request. I don't remember what it says. On a related subject, a couple of days ago I sent a webform, and although usually I receive an automated message within hours full of BS excuses, this time I didn't receive any messages. It seems that now I am officially being flagged as annoying to IRCC agents that they don't even bother send me template messages, and prefer not to do their job and be fair to me. They prefer to be childish about it ... I am fed up with this negligence ...
Thank you very much! I guess we’ll receive invitation soon :) don’t worry :)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thank you very much! I guess we’ll receive invitation soon :) don’t worry :)
I am not worried. I know I will get it eventually. The question is when and I don't understand the delay for me while others who applied and got DM after me progress before me. My file is approved. Just someone click a button to schedule me the oath. I am frustrated

• Sad
Reactions: chs and happysheep

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear Friends, Please let me know average days to receive the Certificate after oath. my oath date was 03rd December. Status still shows as in progress.

Please advise.

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I am not worried. I know I will get it eventually. The question is when and I don't understand the delay for me while others who applied and got DM after me progress before me. My file is approved. Just someone click a button to schedule me the oath. I am frustrated
I totally understand. I have the same situation and the same feelings as you. Wish we all got invitation soon!

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
My oath has the same time 1 PM EDT on 17th DEC. But currently we are not observing EDT, we are in EST. Is it a mistake on the oath letter?

It's same.. 1:00 PM(13:00 HRs). Usually they join 5-10 minutes after 1:00 PM.

We actually had joined 12:50 PM itself to be sure and they opened the meeting at 1:08 PM

All the best

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Congrats, it’s been two weeks after my oath & my agent is likely in deep sleep. Was yours Purolator or Canada post?

No certificate so far, based in Toronto, office of Oath is Montreal. At least it’s better than waiting for Oath.
I found that once your file is marked as "Complete", that's typically when the certificate is mailed; give it 7-10 days after that date.

And the certificate came by Canada Post. Hope this helps.