+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying and sorry to hear that.

How did you find out that your app is non-routine? Can the app still go into non routine after background check is already completed and test is done?

For me, my background check was completed in Jan 2021, I completed my test in March 2021, and I haven't had DM since. I've called IRCC recently to check on the app, but they won't give me information on a regular app right now, because they are busy with Afghanistan issues.... So I don't even know if my app is non routine...
I think they sent your app to afghanistan lol ;) Yes my app went non routine after my test and interview. I found through my GCMS notes. are you 2019 or first quarter or second quarter 2020 applicant ?

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I think they sent your app to afghanistan lol ;) Yes my app went non routine after my test and interview. I found through my GCMS notes. are you 2019 or first quarter or second quarter 2020 applicant ?

I'm a March 2020 applicant and did my test in March 2021, so I'm a 2020 first quarter applicant.

I'm considering ordering GCMS notes at this point. Do you know if ordering the notes has an effect on the application? Do you mind me asking what did you see in the notes that made you think that your app is non routine.

I couldn't imagine what could make my app non routine, I've been working or studying full-time for the past 5 years ....

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I'm a March 2020 applicant and did my test in March 2021, so I'm a 2020 first quarter applicant.

I'm considering ordering GCMS notes at this point. Do you know if ordering the notes has an effect on the application? Do you mind me asking what did you see in the notes that made you think that your app is non routine.

I couldn't imagine what could make my app non routine, I've been working or studying full-time for the past 5 years ....
They are clearing second quarter 2020 applicants and processing 2021 I think . Ordering Gcms notes has no effect on the processing of your app. It was clearly mentioned under.officers notes that my app is non routine because they love me very much.

Reactions: gen_z

SuryaTharun

Jun 2, 2016
Hi
I applied on Feb 2020.
AOR : 2020 Oct
Fingerprints: 2021 July
Citizenship Test: 2021 Sep 15
Test Status Updated in Portal : Sep 17 2021

and Silence, Its so frustrating to wait this longer, without any reason specifically. Even my wife sponsorship has been in process since sept 2019. CIC contact centre is literally closed to canadian residents looks like

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: gen_z

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi
I applied on Feb 2021.
AOR : 2020 Oct
Fingerprints: 2021 July
Citizenship Test: 2021 Sep 15
Test Status Updated in Portal : Sep 17 2021

and Silence, Its so frustrating to wait this longer, without any reason specifically. Even my wife sponsorship has been in process since sept 2019. CIC contact centre is literally closed to canadian residents looks like
Okay so you applied in Feb 2021 and you got your AOR before you applied in OCt 2020 and they processed your application again in 2021. hmm
Yes IRCC contact is only open to Afghan citizens. If your wife was from Afghanistan she would have been here and be a citizen by now.

SuryaTharun

Jun 2, 2016
Sorry,
Okay so you applied in Feb 2021 and you got your AOR before you applied in OCt 2020 and they processed your application again in 2021. hmm
Yes IRCC contact is only open to Afghan citizens. If your wife was from Afghanistan she would have been here and be a citizen by now.
Sorry, my bad was 2020

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Waiting....... My baby gets the citizenship before me lol, No contact center, no gcms, no webform CIC needs to rethink their workforce modernization programs
You see that is the point . They need immigrant babies more than immigrants. Because it would be easier for your baby to assimilate and be Canadian than immigrants. We are nothing for them .

gen_z

May 23, 2018
They are clearing second quarter 2020 applicants and processing 2021 I think . Ordering Gcms notes has no effect on the processing of your app. It was clearly mentioned under.officers notes that my app is non routine because they love me very much.
Yah, that's what I thought as well (that they have mostly processed the first quarter 2020 applicants already).

Geez, is there any reason for them to put your application under the non-routine process? Is there an expected processing time for non-routine applications, I would assume the variance is quite high for the non routine application processing time?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Yah, that's what I thought as well (that they have mostly processed the first quarter 2020 applicants already).

Geez, is there any reason for them to put your application under the non-routine process? Is there an expected processing time for non-routine applications, I would assume the variance is quite high for the non routine application processing time?
yes it was my fault but their fault too they did not return my application if i was short and cbsa does not stamp US entry exit. I am few days short on my physical presence like less than a week. might take 3 to 4 years even more with COvid 19 delay.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
yes it was my fault but their fault too they did not return my application if i was short and cbsa does not stamp US entry exit. I am few days short on my physical presence like less than a week. might take 3 to 4 years even more with COvid 19 delay.
Im so sorry to hear that. Have you thought about withdrawing the current application and file a new one? Assuming that you were probably in Canada during Covid, so you probably stayed for much longer than needed now.

I just can't think of a reason why they would want to put my application on non-routine, Ive stayed for at least 3.5 years over the 5 years prior to application. I did call in June this year, and the person I spoke to on the phone then said there is nothing on my file indicating this could be non-routine, but Im wondering if anything happened after June? I couldnt get hold of them anymore now.. I will just apply for the notes then... it is really a lengthy process ....

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Im so sorry to hear that. Have you thought about withdrawing the current application and file a new one? Assuming that you were probably in Canada during Covid, so you probably stayed for much longer than needed now.

I just can't think of a reason why they would want to put my application on non-routine, Ive stayed for at least 3.5 years over the 5 years prior to application. I did call in June this year, and the person I spoke to on the phone then said there is nothing on my file indicating this could be non-routine, but Im wondering if anything happened after June? I couldnt get hold of them anymore now.. I will just apply for the notes then... it is really a lengthy process ....
I haven't withdrawn yet but ive already applied again. It depends on the officer he or she might just let it through coz the issue is same with truck drivers too it's nothing out of the blues. Such records to USA are missed by many. I've completed my time way more anyways. But it might take longer.

Regarding your application if it is 2nd quarter of 2019 you have to wait until next year. If you are 2nd quarter of 2020 you'll get DM and oath soon.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I haven't withdrawn yet but ive already applied again. It depends on the officer he or she might just let it through coz the issue is same with truck drivers too it's nothing out of the blues. Such records to USA are missed by many. I've completed my time way more anyways. But it might take longer.

Regarding your application if it is 2nd quarter of 2019 you have to wait until next year. If you are 2nd quarter of 2020 you'll get DM and oath soon.
I applied in the first quarter of 2020. Oh, why would they prioritize the 2020 applications over the 2019 ones? It seems puzzling how they work, and honestly, a lot of this process can be automated...I really don't understand why it needs to take this long in the first place ...

Sorry, maybe last question, do you have any idea when they marked your application non-routine? Was it immediately after you completed the test? Don't know if you could see that on your notes...

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I applied in the first quarter of 2020. Oh, why would they prioritize the 2020 applications over the 2019 ones? It seems puzzling how they work, and honestly, a lot of this process can be automated...I really don't understand why it needs to take this long in the first place ...

Sorry, maybe last question, do you have any idea when they marked your application non-routine? Was it immediately after you completed the test? Don't know if you could see that on your notes...
Well they know how many 2019 and 2020 applicants are there and then 2021 applicants continue to increase. So before 2020 gets squeezed more they need to clear out alot of them and bring them down to a certain number . You will see 2019 processed quicker next year first quarter.

They marked my file non routine right after the test and interview but I dont remember I have to go through many gcms notes again to figure it out . Now looking at gcms notes again gives me headaches lol