+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
I see one Feb 2020 applicant who’s DM was in April 26, received Oath invite on 20th SEPT. Oath date ins 28th Sept.

Reactions: gen_z

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I just checked and saw an update from September 23, DM everything except Oath is completed. It looks like Montreal office is getting back to work!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I just checked and saw an update from September 23, DM everything except Oath is completed. It looks like Montreal office is getting back to work!
I wouldn't get my hopes high. We like to think that way whenever we see an update, but things are still very slow with the Montreal office, unless we start to see a trend. Some people got their DM back in April and still waiting. Congratulations to you, though. A new milestone for sure

Reactions: chs and gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I see one Feb 2020 applicant who’s DM was in April 26, received Oath invite on 20th SEPT. Oath date ins 28th Sept.
Oh, that sounds good. Gives some hope that the montreal office is moving again...although I'm still waiting for DM after 6 months ....

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Hi guys, now the new portal will only show status “In progress”, “Congratulations “(I guess it’s after the oath), and “Closed”(Refused or Canceled).
So when you guys say “DM”, does it mean the five parts (Language skill, Prohibition, Physical Presence, Citizenship Test, and Background check) are completed?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: gen_z

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys, now the new portal will only show status “In progress”, “Congratulations “(I guess it’s after the oath), and “Closed”(Refused or Canceled).
So when you guys say “DM”, does it mean the five parts (Language skill, Prohibition, Physical Presence, Citizenship Test, and Background check) are completed?
Thanks!
It's when ecas portal shows decision made, which corresponds to all fields (except oath) marked as completed.

Reactions: happysheep

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Did they ask you to submit anything, or it's a hypothetical question? Usually these details are given with the request
they didn't mention the contact method. However, they asked for files as follows:
Hello

An absence of Canada has been added to your file. Please send us proof of your departure from Canada at your earliest convenience.
----------------------------
since I've asked to make an exam from outside Canada, they sent it from this email:
ircc.mtlconvotests-examensconvomtl.ircc@cic.gc.ca

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
they didn't mention the contact method. However, they asked for files as follows:
Hello

An absence of Canada has been added to your file. Please send us proof of your departure from Canada at your earliest convenience.
----------------------------
since I've asked to make an exam from outside Canada, they sent it from this email:
ircc.mtlconvotests-examensconvomtl.ircc@cic.gc.ca
I think you can send that via a webform with some details explaining the documents. It's not urgent to be sent via email.

Alkoya75

Nov 24, 2020
i did my test and submitted my passport on AUG 27th, and on sept 14th i was asked to attend interview on sept 21st, at the interview the agent said everything is OK but you will receive another letter for FP on email, I heard nothing since, my question is..is it normal routine to ask for FP after the test? is there anyone on same boat?

1%milk

Mar 23, 2017
i did my test and submitted my passport on AUG 27th, and on sept 14th i was asked to attend interview on sept 21st, at the interview the agent said everything is OK but you will receive another letter for FP on email, I heard nothing since, my question is..is it normal routine to ask for FP after the test? is there anyone on same boat?
Did you leave Canada for more than 6 months after you applied for citizenship?