+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Anyone got oath invitation recently other than the ones mentioned above? I started to see oath invitations for March 2022 for applicants in other provinces. Montreal has been t h e s l o w e s t, which means we probably won't get oath invitations before March 2022 :eek: It's my expectation, which is frustrating :confused:
Showed up on the new tracker this morning: September 27. Finally! (No email yet)

RedSox

Sep 8, 2021
Montreal
Visa Office......
Montreal
Showed up on the new tracker this morning: September 27. Finally! (No email yet)
Well good for you man, I guess. But that's BS too! I've completed every single step of this process before you did so how come I'm still waiting for that e-mail?

Edit: I know it's not your fault. I'm just mad at the BS racism against English speakers.

Last edited:

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Well good for you man, I guess. But that's BS too! I've completed every single step of this process before you did so how come I'm still waiting for that e-mail?
I don't know what to tell you. I've also been waiting for over 2 years for this and I've seen a lot of people who applied after I did get the oath. I have two colleagues who applied in 2020 and are doing their oaths already. I don't know what the rationale is for that... maybe because they are in Montreal and I'm in Quebec City, maybe because they applied in English and I in French. Maybe bad luck. Who knows? But your timeline is similar to ours (ignoring pre-covid stuff, so basically tests and decision made) so maybe yours is coming soon as well, hopefully.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Edit: I know it's not your fault. I'm just mad at the BS racism against English speakers.
I hadn't seen this edit when I replied above... I don't know. I doubt that this has an effect, to be honest. In the past, I wondered if it would be the other way around given that there are way more English-speaking workers at the IRCC than French-speakers, but honestly? I doubt it matters in the end. Who knows.

As well, to be very clear, I didn't get an email. I checked the tracker. Who knows when (or if) I'll actually get the email.

rakheeb_jdn

Feb 20, 2016
Congrats!

But I am frustrated. I applied family 3 (One kid):

Application Sent: November, 2019
Application Filed: August 2020
Processing Started: October 2020
Test Request Received: February 2021
Test Done: February 2021
DM Updated: April 2021

After that NO UPDATE!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
This whole Montreal thing makes no sense whatsoever. What could be causing applicants to have DM and oath takes forever to come? TOTAL BS!!!!

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
i would say protest outside Montreal office if you want results. Just stand outside with a board IRCC discriminates. Forgotten Canadians.

Reactions: yaacoub89

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I remember there were already protests, I could not participate sadly. Should we really protest again? I'm ready. June 2020 applicant, not as far as you, but still think it is unacceptable for the whole system to behave like that. No government agency is responsible for anything, they just grab money from our taxes and slack while non government people work their asses off for that money...

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I remember there were already protests, I could not participate sadly. Should we really protest again? I'm ready. June 2020 applicant, not as far as you, but still think it is unacceptable for the whole system to behave like that. No government agency is responsible for anything, they just grab money from our taxes and slack while non government people work their asses off for that money...
Small protests outside every IRCC office will be effective.

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Small protests outside every IRCC office will be effective.
I totally agree however as practice shown it is very difficult to organize large geographical areas. I would totally participate though. Did we see any results after the last protest?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I totally agree however as practice shown it is very difficult to organize large geographical areas. I would totally participate though. Did we see any results after the last protest?
i dont know , its just a suggestion, to be honest im out of options.