+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
Attended a virtual oath ceremony yesterday, March 21. We're in Fredericton NB, ceremony was in Montreal. After the ceremony we were told that the certificate will be available for pickup on March 30, in Montreal. Those not collected on that day will be mailed, and could take 6 weeks. Supposedly we were to receive an email with pickup instructions immediately following the ceremony, but we've seen no such mail.
Did you receive that mail?

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Did you receive that mail?
Yes, it arrived the following day. We were hoping for some clarification of when the certificate would actually be mailed. (The ceremony was conducted mostly in French with brief English translations.) The letter said:

If you are unable to pick up your certificate on the date and times mentioned above, the certificate will be automatically sent to you at the address in your file. The delays for sending certificates by mail are 4 to 6 weeks.

I'm hoping this is also a bad translation as it's quite unreasonable to wait 10 days + 4-6 weeks for them to send the certificate. People at other offices seem to be getting their certificates by mail inside two weeks.

We'll post again when the certificate actually shows up here.

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
Yes, it arrived the following day. We were hoping for some clarification of when the certificate would actually be mailed. (The ceremony was conducted mostly in French with brief English translations.) The letter said:

If you are unable to pick up your certificate on the date and times mentioned above, the certificate will be automatically sent to you at the address in your file. The delays for sending certificates by mail are 4 to 6 weeks.

I'm hoping this is also a bad translation as it's quite unreasonable to wait 10 days + 4-6 weeks for them to send the certificate. People at other offices seem to be getting their certificates by mail inside two weeks.

perfect thank you!! Im a little stress. Everything goes green last week. I think the timeline with Montreal Office is 2 months after for the Oath. Im travelling to Europe in mid July. So if there is a possibility to pick it up in Montreal, I will go

Sabricaincanada

Sep 12, 2021
perfect thank you!! Im a little stress. Everything goes green last week. I think the timeline with Montreal Office is 2 months after for the Oath. Im travelling to Europe in mid July. So if there is a possibility to pick it up in Montreal, I will go
What is the timeline for Montreal office for LPP to turn green after citizenship test marked completed?

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Yes, it arrived the following day. We were hoping for some clarification of when the certificate would actually be mailed. (The ceremony was conducted mostly in French with brief English translations.) ...

We received the certificate a few minutes ago ! It was posted from Montreal on Apr 03. (Ceremony was on Mar 21.)