+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
There is any way to expedite the Pick up of the certificate ? My ceremony with Montreal office is 14 of March and I have a planned trip soon

Reactions: qua

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
I am in Montreal office i got a ghost update on 2nd of March, what does it mean almost 1 month after DM?

degm

May 31, 2017
My BGC was finally completed today. Any idea how long it's taking to get LPP from here? Most probably a stupid question, but I have no idea...

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
My BGC was finally completed today. Any idea how long it's taking to get LPP from here? Most probably a stupid question, but I have no idea...
No one knows, everyone got different experince, mine LP were updated begining of the year and then after a month BG now only left is prohibitions

degm

May 31, 2017
No one knows, everyone got different experince, mine LP were updated begining of the year and then after a month BG now only left is prohibitions
Thank you! Yeah imho they're a messy, disorganized bunch with no accountability and little recourse to hold them accountable.

doofis

Apr 30, 2017
Wanted to ask, does it make a difference if the signed oath form after the oath is submitted electronically as a pdf or physical scanned copy. Like is there one that generally leads to faster certificate?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I had all except LPP and oath completed on March 1 2022, no change since then. I suspect that they had to redo the background check last February, but that's it.

That's probably rare though, I think most people in this situation are done within 4-8 month.

degm

May 31, 2017
I had all except LPP and oath completed on March 1 2022, no change since then. I suspect that they had to redo the background check last February, but that's it.

That's probably rare though, I think most people in this situation are done within 4-8 month.
Thank you for your feedback. It really is a mixed bag of experiences and situations. When did you submit your application, and did you ever find out why wasn't your application moving forward?

Abyparks

Mar 8, 2023
Hi Guys,

I got the citizenship ceremony invitation this morning.

The ceremony is scheduled on March 21 -Online

My timeline:
Office: Montreal
Application: Online - May 2022
Citizenship test: Completed -Dec 21(20/20)
LPP: Completed - Jan 11
Ceremony: Scheduled for March 21st

Shall we create a whatsapp group for people who have received oath invite for March 21st ? This will help us discuss the next steps from citizenship certificate to passport collection etc. Please let me know

Reactions: twztedelegance

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It really is a mixed bag of experiences and situations. When did you submit your application, and did you ever find out why wasn't your application moving forward?
Submitted in June 2021, got AOR in September 2021.
I was not able to get any information out of IRCC so far.
I submitted some webforms, they seem to be copy pasting some response text without reading them. Sometimes their replies make no sense at all.
I requested case notes 4 times, they only sent me a copy in July 2022, so no idea what has been going on since then.
I contacted CBSA and CSIS, they seem to have fullfilled their duties months ago.

Next I am going to try calling the phone line, and after that contacting my MP.

If that won't work, I'll probably try again after this May, since it will be past their stated processing time. I'll also be looking for escalation options, but at the moment I don't know of anything except mandamus, which is a lot more time and money than sending webforms.