The ceremony was scheduled on March 14 - Online

My timeline:
Office: Montreal
Application: Online - April 23
Application: Failed - May 4
Citizenship test: In Progress - Nov 2
Background verification: Completed - Nov 3
Citizenship test: Scheduled - Nov 18
Citizenship test: Completed -Dec 5 (20/20)
LPP: Completed - Jan 6
Ceremony: Not started
Last update: Jan 10

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Anyone having received FP request from Montreal office got update that they received yours? I tried everything I could, and no response so far

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
Anyone having received FP request from Montreal office got update that they received yours? I tried everything I could, and no response so far
Hi! I completed my FP on Jan 25 and my BG check went to "Completed" this morning. They never sent confirmation that they received them and there was no update in the tracker.

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi! I completed my FP on Jan 25 and my BG check went to "Completed" this morning. They never sent confirmation that they received them and there was no update in the tracker.
Congrats, and good to know it's actually moving. Did you give FP at the agency in Montreal or at RCMP and then sent it by yourself? Yeah it's confusing that they don't update the tracker. I gave mine on 19th Jan and still waiting for them

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
Congrats, and good to know it's actually moving. Did you give FP at the agency in Montreal or at RCMP and then sent it by yourself? Yeah it's confusing that they don't update the tracker. I gave mine on 19th Jan and still waiting for them
I used an agency so I didn't have to send anything. I think Montreal is just bad at updating the trackers. :( Hopefully you hear something soon!

Reactions: penguin123

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I used an agency so I didn't have to send anything. I think Montreal is just bad at updating the trackers. :( Hopefully you hear something soon!
I received FP request too on Jan 19th and the FP has since being delivered to Montreal office since Feb 8th.

Glad to know that yours got updated already, it gives hope that mine should get updated too soon. I called the IRCC agent last week and the Agent to me that it could take them up 30 days from the day the FP is received at their office. My FP was delivered to their office on Feb 8th, so i'm hoping to see an update before March 8th, fingers crossed.

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
I received FP request too on Jan 19th and the FP has since being delivered to Montreal office since Feb 8th.

Glad to know that yours got updated already, it gives hope that mine should get updated too soon. I called the IRCC agent last week and the Agent to me that it could take them up 30 days from the day the FP is received at their office. My FP was delivered to their office on Feb 8th, so i'm hoping to see an update before March 8th, fingers crossed.
RCMP finally replied my email saying that they sent out the record to IRCC Montreal end of January. Let's keep each other updated if that 30 days window is true

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
My background check is complete this morning, I guess yours will be updated very soon.
Unfortunately, i just checked mine now and is still not updated. This is now making me a bit tense and giving me some anxiety and i hope it's not what im thinking. The RCMP Agent missed including my application number on the FP report. I hope this is not causing issues with linking my FP with my application. Anyway, will check again tomorrow.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
They won't notify you when they have been recieved, but you can call IRCC and they should be able to tell you if they are in the file

qua

Feb 27, 2019
I have my oath ceremony on Mar 14. What's the fastest way to get the citizenship certificate from the MTL office these days? Do they even give you a choice of pick up vs mail? In your experiences, which is preferable?

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
I have my oath ceremony on Mar 14. What's the fastest way to get the citizenship certificate from the MTL office these days? Do they even give you a choice of pick up vs mail? In your experiences, which is preferable?
I was given the choice to pick it up at the office on St Jacques, It was 2 weeks after the date of the ceremony and it only took 5 minutes, just show 2 pieces of ID and that's it. If you opt for delivery it's 4-6 weeks to get it in the mail

Reactions: k300k3 and qua

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
hello my friends , I wanna share my virtual ceremony experience with you. it was very exciting and memorable moment in my life.
my ceremony time was 8;15 am . yesterday I woke up at 7;30 and I made one coffee and I sat in front of my laptop . I just wanted make sure all documents for checklist and also zoom application is ok . exactly at 8;00 am I clicked on the link in the email and then automatically my zoom app opened and I entered the password and then one message came up . WAIT FOR HOST TO ACCEPT YOUR ID . after 16 minutes at 8;16 I connected with one officer . I saw 5 another people in my screen and the officer expianed about some instruction for changing the name to your seat number and background view and more details about ceremony . and after 10 mins I connected privately to one kind clerk in another room to register. the clerek told me welcome to ceremony and said write my name on the paper , and she asked some questions . name and family name and address . and then shed asked ARE YOU IN CANADA ? I said yes. HAVE YOU ANY TROUBLE WITH POLICE , LAWS , JUSTICE IN CANADA OR ANOTHER COUNTRY . I said no . and then ok please show me your driver license , I did . she said show me your medical card . I did and then she said , show me your permanent resident card I did and back of the card , I did. and she said please cut your card . I did. and she said excellent , DO U HAVE ANY QUESTION OF ME ? I said yes. please let me know is it possible to come in person in Montreal office to pickup my certificate , she said yes absolutely . u can come 14 march in Montreal office between 10 am until 4 pm . and then she asked me do u wanna sign the oath form by electronically or not . I said no . she said ok you can sign in your paper and scan it and send me by email and just write my name in subject line . she said everything is done from my side and I'm gonna connect you in the main room for ceremony . and she said again congratulations and bye . I have connected to another room exactly at 8;31 am . in the room u should mute your microphone . and I saw every applicant one by one will be add in this room . I was in this room until 9;45 am. totally 139 applicants in this room . and then the first officer again came and she said please respect some instruction for this process because it's so important while judge is connected to you . and around 15 minutes , we connected to one judge . the judge talks to us in during 20 mins and she started SWEAR , and then we repeated whatever she said . and then she said congratulation to all of you . now you are officially Canadian citizen. and we connected again to first officer . she said you can take picture with judge in one minute and then we connected again to judge to get picture , and then we connected to first officer to explain for sending oath form. and then she said to everyone , you can come in Montreal office in 14 march to pickup your certificate otherwise we send you by mail . and the end she said you can disconnect and congratulation again to all of you . I sent my signed paper to that clerek , and then after 5 minutes I received confirmation email . that's it . I hope and wish for everyone to finish this journey .

Last edited:

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
hello my friends , I wanna share my virtual ceremony experience with you. it was very exciting and memorable moment in my life.
my ceremony time was 8;15 am . yesterday I woke up at 7;30 and I made one coffee and I sat in front of my laptop . I just wanted make sure all documents for checklist and also zoom application is ok . exactly at 8;00 am I clicked on the link in the email and then automatically my zoom app opened and I entered the password and then one message came up . WAIT FOR HOST TO ACCEPT YOUR ID . after 16 minutes at 8;16 I connected with one officer . I saw 5 another people in my screen and the officer expianed about some instruction for changing the name to your seat number and background view and more details about ceremony . and after 10 mins I connected privately to one kind clerk in another room to register. the clerek told me welcome to ceremony and said write my name on the paper , and she asked some questions . name and family name and address . and then shed asked ARE YOU IN CANADA ? I said yes. HAVE YOU ANY TROUBLE WITH POLICE , LAWS , JUSTICE IN CANADA OR ANOTHER COUNTRY . I said no . and then ok please show me your driver license , I did . she said show me your medical card . I did and then she said , show me your permanent resident card I did and back of the card , I did. and she said please cut your card . I did. and she said excellent , DO U HAVE ANY QUESTION OF ME ? I said yes. please let me know is it possible to come in person in Montreal office to pickup my certificate , she said yes absolutely . u can come 14 march in Montreal office between 10 am until 4 pm . and then she asked me do u wanna sign the oath form by electronically or not . I said no . she said ok you can sign in your paper and scan it and send me by email and just write my name in subject line . she said everything is done from my side and I'm gonna connect you in the main room for ceremony . and she said again congratulations and bye . I have connected to another room exactly at 8;31 am . in the room u should mute your microphone . and I saw every applicant one by one will be add in this room . I was in this room until 9;45 am. totally 139 applicants in this room . and then the first officer again came and she said please respect some instruction for this process because it's so important while judge is connected to you . and around 15 minutes , we connected to one judge . the judge talks to us in during 20 mins and she started SWEAR , and then we repeated whatever she said . and then she said congratulation to all of you . now you are officially Canadian citizen. and we connected again to first officer . she said you can take picture with judge in one minute and then we connected again to judge to get picture , and then we connected to first officer to explain for sending oath form. and then she said to everyone , you can come in Montreal office in 14 march to pickup your certificate otherwise we send you by mail . and the end she said you can disconnect and congratulation again to all of you . I sent my signed paper to that clerek , and then after 5 minutes I received confirmation email . that's it . I hope and wish for everyone to finish this journey .
Congratulations brother! So happy to read this!

Reactions: nikta