Nohaaboareban

May 13, 2022
Physical presence, language, prohibitions on Dec 08
DM as well
Citizenship Ceremony not started
Jan 30, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 30, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

Dec 19, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress

Reactions: atzquebec

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
How do you know if it is in-person oath? Did you already receive email? Does it say that on Tracker? Thanks.
In the email I received, states the cermony will be in-person at IRCC. The tracker states that the notification has been sent only.

Reactions: Concordian777

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
It seems several people from Montreal's office got a guest update today
i got that ghost update too, but nothing until now since then, i am from Montreal and a Feb 2020 applicant, i've been waiting for 34 months now :(

• Wow
Reactions: ppcg2510

SszZTkmZ

Star Member
Aug 29, 2021
July 2019 applicant here.

Passed the test April 16th 2021.

Got a 3rd request for fingerprints January 2022 which were submitted.

Recieved a 4th request for fingerprints March 2022.

Contacted my MP who sent the fingerprints again on my behalf and was told they were recieved and in the file.

Called for an update in August and was told everything including fingerprints is ready and they are finalising things so i should expect to sit the oath "soon".

October 31st - I received a letter in the mail "final request for fingerprints" with a note saying they had recieved no contact from me..

So today I'm bringing the receipts, I've written a letter to reply and I've attached not only my copy of January's fingerprints with the date highlighted, but copies of the request from January and March as well as the emails between my MP and I and added a note asking them to please expedite the oath invite since despite them "not having heard from me" I have provided all the evidence that shows they're wrong.

This is beyond a joke, I'll post updates as and when I hear back, but at this point I'm fully expecting the application to be returned and if that's the case I'll renew my PR card and forget about citizenship.

Maybe someone sniped ur mail

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
July 2019 applicant here.

Passed the test April 16th 2021.

Got a 3rd request for fingerprints January 2022 which were submitted.

Recieved a 4th request for fingerprints March 2022.

Contacted my MP who sent the fingerprints again on my behalf and was told they were recieved and in the file.

Called for an update in August and was told everything including fingerprints is ready and they are finalising things so i should expect to sit the oath "soon".

October 31st - I received a letter in the mail "final request for fingerprints" with a note saying they had recieved no contact from me..

So today I'm bringing the receipts, I've written a letter to reply and I've attached not only my copy of January's fingerprints with the date highlighted, but copies of the request from January and March as well as the emails between my MP and I and added a note asking them to please expedite the oath invite since despite them "not having heard from me" I have provided all the evidence that shows they're wrong.

This is beyond a joke, I'll post updates as and when I hear back, but at this point I'm fully expecting the application to be returned and if that's the case I'll renew my PR card and forget about citizenship.
November 9th I sent that letter and have yet to receive a reply.

December 9th I submitted fingerprints for the 4th time.

December 16th I got the ghost update and this morning I sent a case specific enquiry asking for an update but I fully expect that to be ignored too.

I also tried calling this morning and after sitting through all the options I was told there is no agents available and to call back later or use the webform (LOL)

Mandamus is looking likely but I can't afford the process at the moment so it's just a waiting game.

Edit: out of pure frustration I sent an email to the CTV Montreal news desk detailing the long sorry process, maybe they'll pick the story up and shine a light on the failings at the Montreal office.

Last edited:
Reactions: bas12 and stonege77

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Thanks for the information, It is for my mother, we didn't get any email yet, tracker is updated for Oath on 27th Jan.
I am guessing your oath might be in-person as well, 27th being a friday. Mine is on 20th. You shopuld be getting the email soon.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Quick update: I had an interview with a CTV Montreal reporter today to try and shine a light on the issues / delays and the lack of communication at the Montreal IRCC office, hopefully this will shake them up a bit

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I had an update for my application last week
Language and physical presence is completed and background was completed and now in progress.
Only two left, background and prohibition.
Sept 2020 application

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
UPDATE: Oath Ceremony scheduled for February 2nd 2023. Looks like getting CTV involved did the trick.

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
March 2022 online applicant. Test was marked completed on December 3rd, everything else is in progress. I haven't had any more updates since Dec 16th from the glitch. Anyone else in the same situation?

• Sad
Reactions: TheJim

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
What's the approximate turn around at the moment from when everything is marked complete to the oath ceremony for Montréal? Are they doing in person oaths again now, what are the chances of it being in person vs online?

My prohibitions, presence etc was marked complete Dec 29th.

Thanks for your ideas :)

Reactions: nikta and qcalbert