Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Anecdotally, people are reporting 100-ish people per ceremony; I guess in the "dose being the poison" vein, it depends on how many ceremonies they're doing per week.
If they are doing only two ceremonies a day, 5 days a week in Montreal that’s pretty good if they only have one Citizenship judge here. I guess we can spare an hr extra for them to schedule more people to get more people done sooner.

I found these two posts interesting too

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2020-citizenship-application.708896/post-9832729

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9832802/

Reactions: snowy2015 and chs

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
If they are doing only two ceremonies a day, 5 days a week in Montreal that’s pretty good if they only have one Citizenship judge here. I guess we can spare an hr extra for them to schedule more people to get more people done sooner.

I found these two posts interesting too

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2020-citizenship-application.708896/post-9832729

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9832802/
The judge can be from anywhere in Canada. Also, ceremonies don't include applicants from one office only. They are virtual. I suspect Canada as a whole host two ceremonies a day, not each office.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It's looking like the new covid variant could become IRCC's next excuse for more delays.
IRCC personnel would be more than happy to welcome new measures to delay our applications while they do little on our applications. They would have a renewed justification that they haven't given up.

We already heard voices for interprovincial restrictions, and there is new flight bans in place to curb the spread of the new variant. I don't exclude another lockdown as the new variant is a variant of concern and not a variant of interest. The current vaccines are not designed to fight the dominant delta variant, and now we have a new one. The race between vaccines and new variants seems a lost one.

Reactions: cobie2

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Took my Oath this morning @ 08h00 - lasted about 1.5 hours and was surprisingly emotional. Of note is that my officer assigned to me was from Charlottetown, PEI and had said that the caseload in Montreal was so much that they were distributing cases to other provinces for handling, so it doesn't just seem like unilateral movement of only Montreal receiving cases.

The email address that I emailed my signed certificate to was based in Halifax, so this would support his statement.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Took my Oath this morning @ 08h00 - lasted about 1.5 hours and was surprisingly emotional. Of note is that my officer assigned to me was from Charlottetown, PEI and had said that the caseload in Montreal was so much that they were distributing cases to other provinces for handling, so it doesn't just seem like unilateral movement of only Montreal receiving cases.

The email address that I emailed my signed certificate to was based in Halifax, so this would support his statement.
Congratulations. How many people were there in the ceremony? Do you mean the person who registered you during the ceremony was from PEI, or the person who registered you told you your file is handled by an officer in PEI?

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Congratulations. How many people were there in the ceremony? Do you mean the person who registered you during the ceremony was from PEI, or the person who registered you told you your file is handled by an officer in PEI?
Sorry, I put the details in the other thread, but not this one - there were around 55-60 applicants. During the breakout room, when you're 1-on-1 with an Agent, that's when he mentioned that he was in PEI. It wasn't clear where everyone else (Including the judge) was located, but I had the impression it was not limited to Montreal applicants - no hard data on that, though; though - just a hunch.

You should be up soon - keep the faith!

Now the next fun part in waiting begins.. waiting for the certificate. And then the passport. So I'm still a good 1-2 months away if I'm lucky and much further out if not, and I don't have a PR card now (well, I do, but it's in two pieces, lol)

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi @Orgcom Did you receive your certificate yet? Are you based out of Montreal? Congrats @chs

Done with my oath last Friday (26th) and can confirm it was a beautiful, emotional ceremony. We had 135 members total including lots of families and 12 officials including the clerk/coordinator. I really got lucky, I was the 135th member (seat number) as I know January/Feb folks that are still waiting. I'm a March 2021 online applicant and applied for Urgent processing in Sep.

I hope they process your file soon including the forgotten 2019/2020 folks. Godspeed!

Reactions: Orgcom and chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hi @Orgcom Did you receive your certificate yet? Are you based out of Montreal? Congrats @chs

Done with my oath last Friday (26th) and can confirm it was a beautiful, emotional ceremony. We had 135 members total including lots of families and 12 officials including the clerk/coordinator. I really got lucky, I was the 135th member (seat number) as I know January/Feb folks that are still waiting. I'm a March 2021 online applicant and applied for Urgent processing in Sep.

I hope they process your file soon including the forgotten 2019/2020 folks. Godspeed!
Congrats!
No, I didn't receive the certificate yet. You, on the other hand, will receive it fast because of the urgent processing of your case.
Yes, I'm a Montreal applicant.

Reactions: jackbauer

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Congrats!
No, I didn't receive the certificate yet. You, on the other hand, will receive it fast because of the urgent processing of your case.
Yes, I'm a Montreal applicant.
I'm not too sure as I asked my agent for the same she said even a week is not enough to dispatch to Toronto. I have used the oath sign form and am okay to wait till Jan 1st week. Hopefully by next week, we should be getting our certificates.

Reactions: Orgcom