+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Just checked that thread, that applicant is from Brampton but their application is being handled by the Montreal office. Going through the thread I found a few other similar cases (applicants based in other provinces with Montreal as their processing office). Unbelievable!
That's true. Other offices re-distribute their workloads, and Montreal is their target, as if the Montreal office has no applications. Probably the inventory of the Montreal office is the largest given it has the 2nd highest number of applications in a single province, and it's the only office in Quebec. IRCC management is very poor. If an office has a a huge inventory, stretch their processing times. It's not necessary to finish an application in 10 months. What would happen if they finished it in 18 months? It would give them more time to work on old applications. We have been waiting for 24+ months. But their approach is NOT applicant-centric. They just need good numbers to protect themselves.

Reactions: cobie2 and chs

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi there,

Quick update : Received a call from MP office, the guy talked to IRCC yesterday (test end of july, pp request 14 sept, sent the same day, mtl office), they are behind schedule because of covid blabla... They are about to check my residence (don't know what this means) and that for the next six months ceremony schedules are all FULL! WTF! He told me to be patient... Well I guess I'll earn a PHD in Patience by dealing with IRCC lol

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Can someone please share Montreal Citizenship-CEN email address? I got my test invite from Vancouver but my file is in Montreal, weird.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi there,

Quick update : Received a call from MP office, the guy talked to IRCC yesterday (test end of july, pp request 14 sept, sent the same day, mtl office), they are behind schedule because of covid blabla... They are about to check my residence (don't know what this means) and that for the next six months ceremony schedules are all FULL! WTF! He told me to be patient... Well I guess I'll earn a PHD in Patience by dealing with IRCC lol
6 months full? In the Montreal office? This doesn't sound good to us who are waiting for the oath :(

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi there,

Lol I had a chat with someone who talked with IRCC outside montreal office, they told him they are doing 500 people in oath ceremonies per week. I dont know whom to believe any more.

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Lol I had a chat with someone who talked with IRCC outside montreal office, they told him they are doing 500 people in oath ceremonies per week. I dont know whom to believe any more.
No idea man, that's what the IRCC agent told him. Maybe my agent is a dick and is occupied chilling instead of working

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Don't do that, you'll get in trouble
well i tried but it needs premium membership. There is no way to even ask a question to an officer. I dont wanna beg them to speed up my file but ask some questions coz client support dont know sht . Every one says different thing some are just quiet and some are sleep talking . Its not Afghanistan in crisis situation its the other way around IRCC is in crisis situation.

mma510

Oct 12, 2020
Final Update
Location (city): Montreal
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1108
App sent date: 04/10/2020
App delivered date: 08/10/2020
AOR: 21/01/2021
In Progress ECAS: 19/02/2021
Background Completed: 16/03/2021
Test Invite: 17/06/2021
Test Date: 02/07/2021
Test Completed: 6/07/2021
Passport Copies Requested: 29/09/2021
Passport Copies Sent (email): 29/09/2021
All but Oath: 11/11/2021
Oath Scheduled: 24/11/2021
Oath Date: 10/12/2021

Total: 1 year 2 months 6 days

Hang in there!

Reactions: Stuntxd9

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Anecdotally, people are reporting 100-ish people per ceremony; I guess in the "dose being the poison" vein, it depends on how many ceremonies they're doing per week.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
There were 131 people at my ceremony. Took ~2.5h. I believe the duration of a ceremony depends on the number of participants. I was unlucky... :)
My Ceremony was at 1 pm. I guess, they have ceremonies in the morning too, so 500 sounds reasonable.

Reactions: Stuntxd9