+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone From Mexico City VO ?? Let´s connect

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Jamesah and Wilbur,

I feel you on that one. My federal application is with the Port of Spain office in Trinidad, and I think it is actually slower than Mexico!! :eek:

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received the RBVO notice from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, finally it seems that is moving again! Any news for any of you?

Let's keep this post alive.

Best Regards,

Wilbur

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Hello everyone.

My name is Lenny and I am totally new on the forum. I am a QSW candidate and just sent my application on Saturday 16 jul 2011. According to DHL it was delivered to the BIQ in Mexico City on Mon 18 jul 2011 and signed for by a staff member called "Marcos Solis".

I know I have a very long wait ahead. I have been reading in different forums that the average time to get the CSQ from the BIQ in Mexico is 6 months but I am getting concerned that processing times in this office seem to have become slow.

It took me many months to gather all the necessary documents and I can strongly affirm that my application is absolutely complete (almost immaculate) according to what they require: signed forms, work certificates, academic diplomas and transcripts, language tests with high scores in both French (TEFaQ and DELF B2) and English (IELTS), etc, and even documents of relatives living in Québec. I hope I can be waived from the interview and get my CSQ in less than 6 months.

I will share this adventure with you guys until I finally get my visa. I will be patient.

Cheers,
Lenny

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome Lenny! It would be nice if you get processed quickly. If your profession is one which is considered priority by Quebec, you could get processed in 3 months or so.. Otherwise, processing times seem to take about 8 months. (Meaning 8 months till interview notification or receiving CSQ) From what you have written, looks like you will get some great points for language and relatives. So good luck in your process...

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
CSQ received November 12, 2013
Congrats Wilbur, Caribgrl and Welcome Lenny.

Lenny if you dont mind could you please tell me your country of origin?

Caribgrl you are on your way I hope MR and PPR will be soon to follow.

All the best to you all.

Carro

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Thank you caribgrl for your nice message.

Regarding my profession and background I am an Industrial Engineer with more than 7 years of experience in SAP consulting and in 2009 I got an MBA degree from a well-ranked US university.

It is difficult for me to assess how the BIQ office in Mexico will consider my professional background.

If you, or anyone on the forum, can help me with this, I will appreciate it.

Regards,
Lenny

caribgrl55 said:
Welcome Lenny! It would be nice if you get processed quickly. If your profession is one which is considered priority by Quebec, you could get processed in 3 months or so.. Otherwise, processing times seem to take about 8 months. (Meaning 8 months till interview notification or receiving CSQ) From what you have written, looks like you will get some great points for language and relatives. So good luck in your process...

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Carro,

Thanks for your message. Why do you want to know my country of origin? I do not mind telling you but I do not think it makes any difference for the BIQ office in Mexico..... or does it ?

carro said:
Congrats Wilbur, Caribgrl and Welcome Lenny.

Lenny if you dont mind could you please tell me your country of origin?

Caribgrl you are on your way I hope MR and PPR will be soon to follow.

All the best to you all.

Carro

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
I am from the Caribbean I am just curios to see the pattern on time frame on responses for Caribbean Nationals from Mexico. So far Caribgrl and myself are the only Caribbean Nationals anyway its okay you dont have to disclose.

Have a good day.

Carro

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Carro,

I am from South America.

I also ask myself whether the BIQ in Mexico City "gives priority" to some countries over others. It would not seem fair but Québec is totally free to decide if they are to do that. Only God knows...

Maybe they just process the applications on a "first come, first serve" basis as they arrive to the mailbox which would be the most logical way to work.

BUT we do have official information on the processing times of the 2nd part of the process (the application to the Canadian Embassy) and I am glad to see that the Embassy that will receive my application (in the future, when I have my CSQ) will take in average less than 6 months unlike the Canadian Embassies in Colombia and Venezuela that take 19 MONTHS !!

Best,
Lenny

carro said:
I am from the Caribbean I am just curios to see the pattern on time frame on responses for Caribbean Nationals from Mexico. So far Caribgrl and myself are the only Caribbean Nationals anyway its okay you dont have to disclose.

Have a good day.

Carro

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
Okay Lenny230 I wish for you speed with your application.

Carro

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Caribgrl,

What does the CSQ look like? I guess it is just a formal letter but which information does it contain regarding one's case and the next steps of the application process?

Thanks and best of luck,
Lenny

caribgrl55 said:

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Lenny, the CSQ is a very boring looking document. There is no stamp or seal on it that I can see. The only thing that makes it look 'official' i suppose is the signature at the end in blue-inked pen. Added to these facts, my CSQ is all wrinkled and it got a bit wet in the mail. It comes in a packet which explains what it is (that it is not a pr visa, how long it's valid for etc) There were also 2 brochures in French about the values of Quebec.

On a whole, nothing spectacular.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carro, thanks for the well wishes... I hope before too long I'll be the one telling you congrats!