Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone from india who has applied in 2004 got the visa or medical request?

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Nirmaljit

My AOR is Jan 2004. So far nothing heard form CHC Delhi. It appears that at present Nov-Dec 2003 applicants have sent their passports for stamping or have got medicals done and are in the final stages of PR. The last quarter of 2003 applicants Oct-Dec got medical, prpf and passport request in the same letter.However, no one form 2004 seems to have heard anything for CHC Delhi.

Which is your month of AOR? Have you applied through a consultant or by yourself? Keep updating on this forum should you hear anything.

Regards

nirmaljit

Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your reply
i recieved my AOR in Aug 2004. i have applied by myself n have not used the services of any Consultant

B

basraranjit

I have applied in Dec 2004 and Sent my updates in Jan 2009. Waiting for next response from Delhi Embassy.........

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just received my passport with the Visa and all of my documents. I earlier was under the feeling that I had applied in 2003 but I had actually applied in 2004 and received my file number in Sep 2004.

My timeliness

Aug 2004 - Applied
Sep 2004 - Received my file number

Sep 2004 to Mar 2009 - They just sat on my papers, no information whatsoever.

Mar 2009- Was asked to resubmit ALL the papers and pcc again.
June 2009 - medical request and was asked to pay the RPRF fee.
July 24 2009 - Medicals completed
Oct 19th 2009 - Passport request.
Nov 17th 2009 - Sent passport by DHL from London to New Delhi
Dec 3 2009 - Stamped passport arrived at home in Bangalore.
Visa valid until July 24 2010.

amitchau29

Mar 20, 2009
Co Costing-

R U SURE of ur dates???

No one from jan 2004 has got visa from Delhi ..how come u applied in august and have got it? ur timeleines r not consistent with trackitt. pls recheck. if ur case is true then its great and very encouraging but I feel some mistake.

India 2004 has hardly started. even CHC website says they r finalizing 2003 december currently

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mate, I have my passport in my hand with all the landing papers and everything :)

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just cross checked the date I received my file number its Sep 2004.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
amitchau29 said:
Co Costing-

R U SURE of ur dates???

No one from jan 2004 has got visa from Delhi ..how come u applied in august and have got it? ur timeleines r not consistent with trackitt. pls recheck. if ur case is true then its great and very encouraging but I feel some mistake.

India 2004 has hardly started. even CHC website says they r finalizing 2003 december currently
Cocosting is the lucky few who's cases are decided earlier that others.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
COCOSTING said:
Mate, I have my passport in my hand with all the landing papers and everything :)
Congrats once again Cocosting.

1)Could you kindly share how you got your passport back after stamping? As far as I recall you had send it through courier from UK to India.

2) Could you kindly share the contact details of the courier you used? I am going to be in the same problem in the near future.

Many thanks.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On of my Friends father was coming back from India, He got my passport back. I had to fax him the authorisation letter to carry my passport.

I initally used DHL to send my passport to India from the below address

27 Lewisham Way Arrow Business Services, New Cross
SE14 6PP London
Tel:0800 328 5822

Hope this helps.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
COCOSTING said:
On of my Friends father was coming back from India, He got my passport back. I had to fax him the authorisation letter to carry my passport.

I initally used DHL to send my passport to India from the below address

27 Lewisham Way Arrow Business Services, New Cross
SE14 6PP London
Tel:0800 328 5822

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the above post. It is really helpful.

And may I say that you have been very blessed/lucky... not only did you get the passport stamping almost 8-12 months in advance as compared to others with the same timelines your success with the issue of sending and receiving the passport back is amazing. Both these issue i.e. medical/passport request and then sending/receiving the passport is giving many a applicants sleepless nights.

Wish you good luck. Please keep sharing your experiences when ever you can to the benefit of all members.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know, I am lucky.
All those who applied in 2004 and especially those outside India or their home country should start preparing right now to avoid the drama I had to go through.

They got back to me sometime early this year requesting all the documents ( work experience letters from all of my previous employers with job description matching the JD in their list, College transcripts, PCC from both UK and India). It is not easy to contact your previous employers and get something done so quickly especially when you are not in India. Also the information they provided is sometimes so misleading and not comprehensive. I was delayed by a few days and my agent said a few days late is not going to be a problem. This was the same time I was applying for an extension to my UK teir 1 visa as well. It was bloody nerve wrecking.

I then received a rejection letter from the Canadian embassy coz I had not submitted my documents in time. My bloody agent denied having said anything about it not being a problem, since it was over the phone I could not prove it in any way. Luckily my UK teir 1 extension came through after a few days which gave me some confidence and I wrote a very strong email to the Canadian embassy ( strong does not mean rude or offensive in any way)requesting them to reconsider because of the circumstances I was in. I told them it was not fair to expect me to gather documents/transcripts/pcc again within a very short time. Moreover I have waited for so may years myself and that it is being very inconsiderate to reject me because I was a few days.

Within 1 week they sent me letter that they will reconsider and that they understand that we maybe in different circumstances and to inform them in advance if there is any delay. They also asked me to send a different PCC from the UK as Scottish Discloser that I had sent was not the right one. Once I sent the right PCC, then medical and RPRF request and later passport request.

To be absolutely frank I am not sure if I will ever use the Canadian PR and I was not in any hurry as well but the fact that I did wait for so long I did not want to just let it go and have one more option to choose from if it comes to that.

Let me know if any of you guys have any more questions, I'll try to answer them as best as I could.

amitchau29

Mar 20, 2009
CoCosting,

Congrats man!!! thats amazing. really u r the lucky one...there are so many from2004 who updated last year and havent heard back at all for more than a year. even some 2003 app;licants are waiting. I guess u r in occupation in demand maybe. do u qualify in the new 38 ocupation list. maybe they r speeding those cases up. rest 2004 looks like it will take full 2010 to clear if at all.
i presume ur work experiance and fact that u r in UK etc helped ur case. congrats and good luck.

so u thinking of staying on in the UK?? guess its tough choice. will u be getting residency of the UK too? in that case I guess UK is fine

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Cocosting

Your post has been very inspiring. Never give up. You have proved that if their is a genuine problem and you put the matter well in writing CHC does consider the request. I have read several post of rejection due to non submission of documents even when the applicant claimed that he did not receive any updation request in the first place. Well done.

I have send you a pm could you kindly advise on the matter.

Regards