+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from europe?

mp3004

Jul 20, 2020
Dear All ,
Finally I got second stage approval about just an hour ago , I received the approval letter from Edmonton office.

@Bishops2020 now I understand your feeling when received the approval ! I was also crying while reading the IRCC letter, I could not believe is finally over ,such a long and exhausting journey. But I am glad is over.
thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
What is your plan? Do you ship your stuff to there or leave then here?!!
When do you plan to go there?
I am searchin for an affordable shipping plan right now, Sendmybag.com is not a choice for shipping outside Europe so maybe use the air freight or pay for additional luggages and take them with me.

Reactions: mp3004

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, do I need to also apply for the ETA? Or the study permit which I got last night in my account works as an ETA?

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
I'm pretty sure the ETA in your letter is enough, I was able to travel on it last year. I think you can even check ETA validity just to be sure (better to look up the link on Google). Congrats btw!

• Love
Reactions: Sad93

mp3004

Jul 20, 2020
Dear friends, do I need to also apply for the ETA? Or the study permit which I got last night in my account works as an ETA?
in the second page of your approval letter , it is mentioned your eTA number and validity date .

• Love
Reactions: Sad93

evalix

Mar 23, 2020
Hi All,
here is my time line:
Applied- June 23rd
Biometric -already given in 2019
AIP- August 13th
POE- 23rd October

I've applied as if I was in Italy, but the application has been processed in Edmonton.

Is there anybody planning to travel in December, for the January start?
The DLI I am enrolled at said that I need my study permit from the next term, as the AIP was just for the Fall term.
So I am forced to travel basically. Is this consider essential travel?

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
Hi All,
here is my time line:
Applied- June 23rd
Biometric -already given in 2019
AIP- August 13th
POE- 23rd October

I've applied as if I was in Italy, but the application has been processed in Edmonton.

Is there anybody planning to travel in December, for the January start?
The DLI I am enrolled at said that I need my study permit from the next term, as the AIP was just for the Fall term.
So I am forced to travel basically. Is this consider essential travel?
I don't believe your AIP has a set expiry date, because people like me and many others have been waiting from March and April and have gotten no guarantee that it will be processed by the end of the December, I am also from Europe and on ETA/no visa stamp required. And also gave my biometrics last year

Your college might well require your presence. Even online your studies right now are seen as essential by the border agent, even if you were not forced to go.

Personally I'm hoping to fly around the end of December and quarantine so I'll be out of there before the beginning of the school year. Not like i'll miss any NYE parties this year. But that's hoping i'll receive my documents before then.

Last edited:

MakeoLondon

Jul 8, 2016
good point, I have got the LOE and correspondence letter.
I did apply for the fall term but, as my presence was mandatory in class for a course, I decided to defer to the next available term which is May 2021.
My SP was then approved by IRCC however I am still awaiting for my DLI to approved my deferral as they are processing January 2021's intakes.
do I need to wait for my DLI to approve my new intake and then inform IRCC or can I come into Canada and then once receiving all the new paperwork just update IRCC?
I have been told that no matter what they won't be able to issue another Visa but most likely will need to ask For an extension when the one approved will expired.
anyone?

Thanks

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends,I was wondering if we can travel to Canada with one-way ticket or we must show the return ticket to be eligible to enter the country? Because it's not possible to book a return flight for two years later from now. :D

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Dear friends,I was wondering if we can travel to Canada with one-way ticket or we must show the return ticket to be eligible to enter the country? Because it's not possible to book a return flight for two years later from now. :D
Ofcourse you can book one way ticket. May I ask you where you are going to stay ? I mean in a hotel or your own accommodation for quarantine. I'm confused. I find hotels very expensive while staying with relatives or with other tenants is also risky and border service can reject you from entering the country.

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
Guys I finally got approved, letter of introduction and biometrics letter arrived together. Still cannot believe it after close to 7 Months of Anxiety. Checked it twice to see if it was real lol.

For anyone who's interested in my details:

Biometrics done in July 2019, for earlier study year.
Applied from the Netherlands as a Dutch Citizen, ETA so no TRV/Passport Stamping, VAC interaction...
No medical required
Applied in April 2020, AIP in August (letter send over e-mail), fall 2020 intake.

Very happy!

• Love
Reactions: Sad93 and nk1