+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Dakar Visa office share your experience here.

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
THANKS COOLGUY 2010

coolguy2010 said:
2 - POF is required to be shown legally at airport. If u don't have, you will not allow to enter Canada

Its officer discretion whether he really want to see physical funds.

You cannot take a chance at this stage

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
canadaforall said:
Hi Manoh,
1, Mine took 1 month so expect it any moment from now.
2, Cases are different and immigration officers are also different. It depends where you are landing. My program was federal and i was asked to shwo the money at the airport.

3, Try to keep your references together and their e.mails and also get some money with you. It all depends on luck and where exactly you will be based. Some people are lucky and get a job right away so let me not discourage anyone. The plain truth is that you need Canadian experience and some level of certification here. they want you to pay some money for them.

Hope it helps.
Another plus to you canadaforall,

Should you have other valuable insights, we will be glad to have them.

Manoh

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
Hello Mbasu, how are you? It will be impossible to call you this week, but i can email you no problem. I landed yesterday may 28th and i am trying to put things together and so i don't have a phone yet. Did u find out the information? Someone just posted info about the TEF, and he said it is not offered in Douala. I think you shouldn't take chances, go to Yaounde, if that is the only place to apply, and register so that the testing and results should be out on time, so as to send it back to immigration.

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
Hello Guys, I finally did my landing yesterday may 28 2013. I took Ethiopian airlines from Douala on the 27th of may at 2:15 pm and got to Addis Ababa at 20:30 (4hr flight) time difference of 2 hrs. Left Addis at 22:40 and landed in rome for refuel, then got to toronto at 8:30 am on Tuesday 28. It went well and fast at immigration, they took the customs declaration formed, which was issued and filled on the plane. Then at the immigration control room, i said i was landing today, and they asked for my passport and copr. Asked me if i was carrying funds, and anyone accompany me after, ever locked up? I told him i carried more than $10000, never locked up, and a non accompanying family member (my son). He welcomed me, and gave me some forms, took my address to mail pr card and wished me well. Baggage claim took awhile, but ones I had my luggage, I went to customs, i presented the list of items that are in my box, told about funds but he did not ask to see them. gave me all other forms and then i was out of there. Went to a friends place and dropped my bags and went to apply for SIN card.

As you all know, Cameroon does not issue/sell travellers checks. I changed money and carried about USD $2300 cash and I put about 8 million cfa on a prepaid travelers mastercard obtained from Atlantic bank next to the british council. It takes 48hrs for card to be issued. Thus i carried the mastercard and $2000 cash.
I thank you all, and I thank God for giving me a safe landing.

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Wishing well Mr Bond.

Should you have any information that you think can be of help, please do not hesitate to post it.

Manoh

bond1402 said:
Hello Guys, I finally did my landing yesterday may 28 2013. I took Ethiopian airlines from Douala on the 27th of may at 2:15 pm and got to Addis Ababa at 20:30 (4hr flight) time difference of 2 hrs. Left Addis at 22:40 and landed in rome for refuel, then got to toronto at 8:30 am on Tuesday 28. It went well and fast at immigration, they took the customs declaration formed, which was issued and filled on the plane. Then at the immigration control room, i said i was landing today, and they asked for my passport and copr. Asked me if i was carrying funds, and anyone accompany me after, ever locked up? I told him i carried more than $10000, never locked up, and a non accompanying family member (my son). He welcomed me, and gave me some forms, took my address to mail pr card and wished me well. Baggage claim took awhile, but ones I had my luggage, I went to customs, i presented the list of items that are in my box, told about funds but he did not ask to see them. gave me all other forms and then i was out of there. Went to a friends place and dropped my bags and went to apply for SIN card.

As you all know, Cameroon does not issue/sell travellers checks. I changed money and carried about USD $2300 cash and I put about 8 million cfa on a prepaid travelers mastercard obtained from Atlantic bank next to the british council. It takes 48hrs for card to be issued. Thus i carried the mastercard and $2000 cash.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Dear all,

I am really happy that this forum has come back to Life. I am equally very happy and encouraged with all the good news coming from senior members who have reached the end of the road. I am also in Cameroon, and hope to play the waiting game,(and why not only briefly,lol) God willing, so I can also one day post a landing topic. I wish all u guys, esp Canadaforall for this initiative, a warm stay out there!!!!

God bless u

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bond1402 said:

Hi Bond1402,
Welcome to Canada. We Thank God for the protection and safe journey.

i am in Calgary , i am one month old now. Still trying to figure things out.

Canadaforall.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Manoh said:
Another plus to you canadaforall,

Should you have other valuable insights, we will be glad to have them.

Manoh
Hi Manoh,
Please if you have any particular question go ahead and ask the question. I will be will to ask your questions.

For those who still have time please learn your Driving at home. it is nothing , it is going to help you a lot.

Canadaforall.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Stylove said:
Dear all,

I am really happy that this forum has come back to Life. I am equally very happy and encouraged with all the good news coming from senior members who have reached the end of the road. I am also in Cameroon, and hope to play the waiting game,(and why not only briefly,lol) God willing, so I can also one day post a landing topic. I wish all u guys, esp Canadaforall for this initiative, a warm stay out there!!!!

God bless u

Hi Stylove,
Thanks a lot, We are trying to see how to settle down. The good thing is Bih has started school so all is fine.
I have survival job and still looking for a real job. it is not very easy because you need Canadian experience, which is not bought from any market, but is acquired by working in Canada. So like i said they want us to pay some money to do a course or volunteer. There are many things you will get to know when you are here. I know it is better than payee in many ways. I still will prefer it here than payee.

canadaforall.

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Dear Stylove,

I have looked at your timeline, it indicates just like others you have a very long way to go. Since you already have an idea of the waiting game, just take-on your everyday-activities normally. Try to behave as if you have not submitted an application anywhere that way the stress will not pileup to much.

I tell you my truth, this is the most stressful en-devour I have ever undertaken, particularly when one is not totally sure of the outcome. I wish all of us well. Just to inform you that, I am also in Cameroon and precisely in Buea.

Manoh

t
Stylove said:
Dear all,

God bless u

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
canadaforall said:
Hi Stylove,
Thanks a lot, We are trying to see how to settle down. The good thing is Bih has started school so all is fine.
I have survival job and still looking for a real job. it is not very easy because you need Canadian experience, which is not bought from any market, but is acquired by working in Canada. So like i said they want us to pay some money to do a course or volunteer. There are many things you will get to know when you are here. I know it is better than payee in many ways. I still will prefer it here than payee.

canadaforall.
Hi Canadaforall I'm particularly happy to know Bi started school already. That's a great step in her life that you have offered her, and your next generations to come. Imagine her Canadian education from the base!!! Sure she's started enjoying her new environment. I count much on your usual encouragement and advice. Just to inform you I received email from Quebec that my Cheque has been cashed, on the 10th May, but no file number yet. Hope everything moves fast for me!!! We keep in touch!

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Manoh said:
Dear Stylove,

I have looked at your timeline, it indicates just like others you have a very long way to go. Since you already have an idea of the waiting game, just take-on your everyday-activities normally. Try to behave as if you have not submitted an application anywhere that way the stress will not pileup to much.

I tell you my truth, this is the most stressful en-devour I have ever undertaken, particularly when one is not totally sure of the outcome. I wish all of us well. Just to inform you that, I am also in Cameroon and precisely in Buea.

Manoh

t
Manoh, it feels very good to be connected with people from the same country, tradition and even language, where i can gain from their expertise!! It's a pleasure and I won't ever hesitate to turn to u guys for guidance and directives. I am in Yde. Praying to reach your position within the shortest time possible.........Nice day

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Stylove said:
Hi Canadaforall I'm particularly happy to know Bi started school already. That's a great step in her life that you have offered her, and your next generations to come. Imagine her Canadian education from the base!!! Sure she's started enjoying her new environment. I count much on your usual encouragement and advice. Just to inform you I received email from Quebec that my Cheque has been cashed, on the 10th May, but no file number yet. Hope everything moves fast for me!!! We keep in touch!
Yes we thank God for everything. Yes she has a good chance and lucky her. all will be fine with the application.

It is just the game of time.

Canadaforall

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
canadaforall said:
Hi Bond1402,
Welcome to Canada. We Thank God for the protection and safe journey.

i am in Calgary , i am one month old now. Still trying to figure things out.

Canadaforall.
Hello Canadaforall, Thanks very much. Indeed we do thank God. I really wanted to move to Alberta, but since my younger brother is here in toronto for school, I just thought of assisting him abit, as far as housing is concerned. When he completes his two years, I will then relocate to Alberta. In the mean time, I will take the opportunity and get back in school and obtain some certifications.
I managed to secure an interview today, and will be heading out soon.
There are a lot of Survival jobs in the industry sector, here in Toronto , even though one has to go thru employment agency to get it.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bond1402 said:
Hello Canadaforall, Thanks very much. Indeed we do thank God. I really wanted to move to Alberta, but since my younger brother is here in toronto for school, I just thought of assisting him abit, as far as housing is concerned. When he completes his two years, I will then relocate to Alberta. In the mean time, I will take the opportunity and get back in school and obtain some certifications.
I managed to secure an interview today, and will be heading out soon.
There are a lot of Survival jobs in the industry sector, here in Toronto , even though one has to go thru employment agency to get it.

Hi Bond1402,
Yes i think it is a good idea to help him out. It is not very easy on student visa here. Yes there are so many survival jobs. That is exactly what i have done and i will be going back for the certification program in September. That is the main problem here. if you like bring a PhD it has not value in Canada. it is sometimes annoying but we have no choice.

Here is my number 0014034736205. If you you have a number then send it to me also.

Waiting to hear from you.

Canadaforall.