+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Dakar Visa office share your experience here.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Stylove said:
Lol Canadaforall that parking issue seems very interesting.........man gho cam be able for carry that kind thing dem so?
Hi styllove,
Yes , i started by saying men do not like to carry things around. But if you have your money to buy that is fine. There is everything here available in African shops

If you have your money to buy what is wrong in that or you have your money to going eating out then that will be fine.
I promise you it is not easy at the beginning when you have some many things to do with money, put at the back of you mind this is a capitalist society and no one will offer you food for free like at home and the kind of food the make is the restaurant is rubbish.

It was only my own opinion and because he did ask, if not i would have not even told him.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
canadaforall said:
Hi styllove,
Yes , i started by saying men do not like to carry things around. But if you have your money to buy that is fine. There is everything here available in African shops

If you have your money to buy what is wrong in that or you have your money to going eating out then that will be fine.
I promise you it is not easy at the beginning when you have some many things to do with money, put at the back of you mind this is a capitalist society and no one will offer you food for free like at home and the kind of food the make is the restaurant is rubbish.

It was only my own opinion and because he did ask, if not i would have not even told him.
Canadaforall i wasnt saying it's not necessary! Maybe you misunderstood me plsssssss. Instead i was like astonished and could imagine the challenge one has got, to prepare for a smooth landing.

Your opinion counts so much, right from your old posts, till date, and will continue to be very useful to most of us till the day we are all landed and settled in our dreamland.

Yes of course i already copied out the foodstuff you listed for Manoh, and will be contacting you for more stuff to carry on, when i must have been more than half way gone with my case. I am still right behind, so i'm only reading posts and collecting data.

We keep in touch.

Stylove

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Stylove said:
Canadaforall i wasnt saying it's not necessary! Maybe you misunderstood me plsssssss. Instead i was like astonished and could imagine the challenge one has got, to prepare for a smooth landing.

Your opinion counts so much, right from your old posts, till date, and will continue to be very useful to most of us till the day we are all landed and settled in our dreamland.

Yes of course i already copied out the foodstuff you listed for Manoh, and will be contacting you for more stuff to carry on, when i must have been more than half way gone with my case. I am still right behind, so i'm only reading posts and collecting data.

We keep in touch.

Yes, it is ok. If you hold with you about 5000 dollars for the first six months then you do not need to carry all kinds of food stuff, but if you do not have money then you have to carry.

if you can imagine how things are expensive at home, then think about out here. so better take some things that you can hang onto them before you pickup a job. I know you guys are men and the ladies are there to cook for you.
That is fine, just depends on each and everyone. When you will land , then you will understand the reason i asked you guys to bring food.

Wish you good luck.

Stylove

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Ok thanks so much for the cautionary notes. 5K is also a big task. Will stick to your advise.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Stylove said:
Ok thanks so much for the cautionary notes. 5K is also a big task. Will stick to your advise.
Yes, oh brother i can not know something and allow my brothers to make boys and come here and start suffering without food. You will call me and tell me when you land.
It will help from day one.

Yes do hold your ingredients especially.

Wish you the best.

Canadaforall

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
canadaforall said:
Well i think you have to ask a particular are, so that it will make it easier to answer.
i know men do not like carrying food, but if you want to carry, then

Things will be hard in the beginning, so please if yu have money,

Get an address you will use at the airport for your PR application.

Buy Egusi

dry fish make sure you remove all bones, creyfish only note no dry meat.

peel your maggi and tie in a black plastic paper and just label spices. they do not want it to pass through customers.

dry okongbong for your soup

garri if you eat it.

white garri is lighter than the red one so but it.

tell you wife to dry you sweet bitter leaf.

and other things of your choice.

If you feel you will be cooking then these things are very important. Things are very expensive here.

So think about any question and ask i will be happy to answer you.

hope it helps.

Hi Canadafor all, you be correct man.

I am now abt 10hrs old in canada. All went quite easily at the airport. Brought all i could bring with my available resource.

Will start asking the questions later.

Nice day.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Welcome to Canada. I am happy all went well. i will pm you my number please ask as many questions as you can. Do not stay quiet and then loose on something you have no idea.

check your private box send my number there.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Manoh congrats you finally landed with no stress.

God will always be on your side as you start the job search fight.

Prepare nice places for us still behind ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

osdamour

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013 SA 03-05-2013 CSQ received 21-06-2013
File Transfer...
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Passport Req..
04-03-2014 Passport sent: 12-03-2014 Received @ VO : 18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014 Passport in hand : 07-04-2014
LANDED..........
06-05-2014
Hi everyone

I went trhough all your forum guys and congrats to all PR holders!
I come from Gabon and I'm being sponsored by my wife under family sponsorship class
My VO obviously is Dakar. you can see my info at the left side and I would like to join you here. Hope everything wil go fast for all of us. ;)

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
canadaforall said:
Welcome to Canada. I am happy all went well. i will pm you my number please ask as many questions as you can. Do not stay quiet and then loose on something you have no idea.

check your private box send my number there.
I got it. Will contact you as soon as possible.

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Stylove said:
Manoh congrats you finally landed with no stress.

God will always be on your side as you start the job search fight.

Prepare nice places for us still behind ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
No problemo stylove,

Every new comer needs help in one way or the other. For sure someone will always be there for u.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Manoh said:
No problemo stylove,

Every new comer needs help in one way or the other. For sure someone will always be there for u.
Confirmato mio amico.

I know say u di enjoy that fresh air for that side now so. Massa you gho gist me ohhhhhhhhhh. It no easy at all. Imagining every night the day i'll be there as well. :p ;)

lololololol ;D

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Hi stlyelove,

boy the begining fit make you cry. I now confirm that if you have a very good job back home, then its better to avoid the stress. But However and whatever the stress is I personally prefer it to home for a few reasons. Health care, good education, the is order here and anyone can name the rest and as much as you are creative it is a land of plenty.

To settle down though is no easy easy task. People who will find it particullarly disturbing are people who abandoned their good jobs and those that come with empty pockets. Sincere, it will not be easy.

Courage to those who are still waiting .

Manoh
Confirmato mio amico.

I know say u di enjoy that fresh air for that side now so. Massa you gho gist me ohhhhhhhhhh. It no easy at all. Imagining every night the day i'll be there as well. :p ;)

lololololol ;D
[/quote]

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Manoh said:
Hi stlyelove,

boy the begining fit make you cry. I now confirm that if you have a very good job back home, then its better to avoid the stress. But However and whatever the stress is I personally prefer it to home for a few reasons. Health care, good education, the is order here and anyone can name the rest and as much as you are creative it is a land of plenty.

To settle down though is no easy easy task. People who will find it particullarly disturbing are people who abandoned their good jobs and those that come with empty pockets. Sincere, it will not be easy.

Courage to those who are still waiting .

Manoh
Confirmato mio amico.

lololololol ;D
Manoh no matter the stress at the beginning, i am ready to faze it and I strongly believe, from other testimonies, that the bad moments will soon fade out, and one will see his dream gradually unfolding to the limelight.

I prefer CA even in bad work conditions, than payee in the best work'n conditions, esp in my field!!! Here I have apparently "NO" future my broda......l0l....

when i imagine the huge benefits to kids in CA like free education and some allowances paid for each kid monthly I'm just sooooo carried!!

New Quebec rules just came into Place 01-08-2013, and removing my AOT from 12 points to 16 points on the points grid! So plz kindly join me in praying that they touch my file quick enough so that i can meet you guys hopefully next year!! Insha allah!

What is the house rents situation in CA like?

We keep in touch for news from your new land.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Stylove said:
Manoh no matter the stress at the beginning, i am ready to faze it and I strongly believe, from other testimonies, that the bad moments will soon fade out, and one will see his dream gradually unfolding to the limelight.

I prefer CA even in bad work conditions, than payee in the best work'n conditions, esp in my field!!! Here I have apparently "NO" future my broda......l0l....

when i imagine the huge benefits to kids in CA like free education and some allowances paid for each kid monthly I'm just sooooo carried!!

New Quebec rules just came into Place 01-08-2013, and removing my AOT from 12 points to 16 points on the points grid! So plz kindly join me in praying that they touch my file quick enough so that i can meet you guys hopefully next year!! Insha allah!

What is the house rents situation in CA like?

We keep in touch for news from your new land.
Hi Stylove,
Your right hand man has said it all. So just be getting ready with some money in the pocket. The difficulties are there but are for a short time like you have said. So life is everywhere hard but i prefer it here also. So it all depends on the individuals and there reasons of staying here. Your reasons are similar to mine , good health care, free education and retirement benefits. it is the reasons why your see some Asians come and register check things out and go them back to Asia and never return. Sometimes their PR will expire without them staying the time they require to stay to renew.

At the end of the day i like it here. My daughter can find their differences no matter how young she is and she likes it here. So i am staying for a reason.

Please save well and carry the basics things to prepare for the early days for it is really difficult at the beginning.
But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Canadaforall.