+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from 2014 still hasn't reached the "Decision Made" phase?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tds69us said:
called today to follow up...they gave me more bullshit....seeing my lawyer to pay for my mandamus application tomorrow
Let me guess... "Your application is in queue for review. There are no further updates. Please check back in 1/3/6 months"...

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Let me guess... "Your application is in queue for review. There are no further updates. Please check back in 1/3/6 months"...
not even....the lady on the phone was like i can't give you an exact date to follow up..but you can follow up in 2 to 3 weeks. Anyways, I just came back from my lawyer, and the fee structure is very expensive. The whole process might take up to 10 grand. The demand letter alone is 2 grand!! I'm seeing other law offices. What do you think of this fee? is it standard or exaggerated?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tds69us said:
not even....the lady on the phone was like i can't give you an exact date to follow up..but you can follow up in 2 to 3 weeks. Anyways, I just came back from my lawyer, and the fee structure is very expensive. The whole process might take up to 10 grand. The demand letter alone is 2 grand!! I'm seeing other law offices. What do you think of this fee? is it standard or exaggerated?
I think it's exaggerated. Connect with ambient2, he just started the process and has good visibility on the costs, plus I think it's more reasonable than 10K.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
You should be able to get it for 5-6K max.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
tds69us, HighFive, h3a3j6
Give IRCC another 1-2 months before starting your court cases. By that time I would know how successful I am with mine. Although it won't hurt if you hire a lawyer just for the demand letter, which might move your cases a bit.
Hi ambient2,

Which stage are you at with your Mandamus application? I was told you would have more info on the lawyer you're dealing with (i.e. fee structure, timelines, etc...). My lawyer quoted a fee that is very expensive. Can you PM me the details?

Thank you very much

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
Hi ambient2,

Which stage are you at with your Mandamus application? I was told you would have more info on the lawyer you're dealing with (i.e. fee structure, timelines, etc...). My lawyer quoted a fee that is very expensive. Can you PM me the details?

Thank you very much
hey, I already PM-ed you all the details on June 19. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
I passed the stage of demand letter and application for leave, was going to do affidavit this Wednesday but my lawyer had some more info from Department of Justice and advised to wait for few more weeks.

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
Hi Ambient2,

Can you share some info regarding lawyer/fee and progress, here also same status

Thanks
Syed

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got Decision Made on my file last night !
Waiting for the next stage. Judging from call agent's response it might be oath or anything other than that tho.
Will give them another 2 weeks, if nothing happens, will continue with the court case, not going to wait another 6months till the oath.

sfaisalm said:
Hi Ambient2,
Can you share some info regarding lawyer/fee and progress, here also same status
Thanks
Syed
Different lawyers have different fee structure, I don't really want to post anything that will compromise my lawyer's business.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
Waiting for the next stage. Judging from call agent's response it might be oath or anything other than that tho.
Will give them another 2 weeks, if nothing happens, will continue with the court case, not going to wait another 6months till the oath.
Different lawyers have different fee structure, I don't really want to post anything that will compromise my lawyer's business.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
congrats ambient2!! hope you'll get an oath letter next week. Give us your Mandamus blessing ! ;)

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
ambient2, this is epic news!! Congratulations!! and I hope you get your oath soon :D :D :D