+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from 2014 still hasn't reached the "Decision Made" phase?

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a response from my MP yesterday. Same s***. Useless people...I'm going to try Minister McCallum...then Mandamus

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tds69us said:
I got a response from my MP yesterday. Same s***. Useless people...I'm going to try Minister McCallum...then Mandamus
Call the MP, don't email. Get a lock on a person in his constituency office and work with her/him. That's the only way. The MP route WORKS, mine was amazing.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Call the MP, don't email. Get a lock on a person in his constituency office and work with her/him. That's the only way. The MP route WORKS, mine was amazing.
The person in his office said theres nothing she could do, and if I go to McCallum, McCallum is going to forward the request back to her. All sound to my ears and fits perfectly for my mandamus case.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tds69us said:
The person in his office said theres nothing she could do, and if I go to McCallum, McCallum is going to forward the request back to her. All sound to my ears and fits perfectly for my mandamus case.
Go down to their office. TELL THEM to call the MP special number for Citizenship cases. They should get an open ticket and can follow up every month. Then make an electronic ATIP and see if they did call cause mine showed the level of effort. That was the only thing that got my file to move.

Calling McCallum'a office was a waste of time and energy.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Hi

i applied from montreal as well. I have a few questions if you dont mind answering.I would be highly obliged.

I sent in my app on september 9th and delivered on 13th september. No AOR yet. I followed everything and put in all my travel dates with explanation for work and study and when i was unemployed. After i sent my app i was looking around at the forum and i missed one 4 hour trip to US. I went ith my friend because he had to do the landing for his PR. We went to apple bees and than best buy.Than we i came back. it was like3 hours. I never though i had to disclose that. I did attach all my passport pages with stamps. I was thinking once i get my AOR i can send a web form stating this. What do you think and whats your opinion. Thank again for your help

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello good people,

I checked my online status today and guess what. I got "Decision Made" . Yaaaaay. I am so happy. My long trip is almost over. I wish the best of luck for everyone.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Tamara

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Thanks @crucial!

What's your timeline? Have you tried the MP route?
My timeline is
Application March 2014
RQed April 2014
Test June 2015

I had to renew my PR since it was expiring in November 2014 and waited 25 months for that to go through as i just got it September 2016. MP stated that the delay was because of PR renewal. As you can see that i do have a spousal sponsorship in process as well. MP assured me that after the release of the PR everything will follow. Not sure how long i still have to wait.
I have swallowed this bitter pill of patience and this is where i found myself.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
VraiVie said:
Hi

i applied from montreal as well. I have a few questions if you dont mind answering.I would be highly obliged.

I sent in my app on september 9th and delivered on 13th september. No AOR yet. I followed everything and put in all my travel dates with explanation for work and study and when i was unemployed. After i sent my app i was looking around at the forum and i missed one 4 hour trip to US. I went ith my friend because he had to do the landing for his PR. We went to apple bees and than best buy.Than we i came back. it was like3 hours. I never though i had to disclose that. I did attach all my passport pages with stamps. I was thinking once i get my AOR i can send a web form stating this. What do you think and whats your opinion. Thank again for your help
If you are following the 3/4 old rule (like me), one-day trips don't need to be declared. If you're following the new rule (I didn't see a year in your message), they one-day trips need to be declared. If I was in your shoes, I'll just send a short letter explaining the issue and the trip length.

Good luck!

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamara_ said:
Hello good people,

I checked my online status today and guess what. I got "Decision Made" . Yaaaaay. I am so happy. My long trip is almost over. I wish the best of luck for everyone.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Tamara
Congratulations !! I am happy for you. :)

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

Finally I got the oath letter. Thanks for everyone.

We sent you a notice on October 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 17, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
crucial said:
My timeline is
Application March 2014
RQed April 2014
Test June 2015

I had to renew my PR since it was expiring in November 2014 and waited 25 months for that to go through as i just got it September 2016. MP stated that the delay was because of PR renewal. As you can see that i do have a spousal sponsorship in process as well. MP assured me that after the release of the PR everything will follow. Not sure how long i still have to wait.
I have swallowed this bitter pill of patience and this is where i found myself.
Why did it take 25 months to get your PR renewed ? Did your case go for secondary review ? You mustve had enough days easily when you applied for obtaining your PR card. Also, you dont need to have a valid PR card for applying for your citizenship. They are 2 independent processes or at least they should be.