+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone Expert on Implied Status ????

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi all,

with my PGWP expiring in May, I am still waiting for ITA sitting at 463.
As it is hard for me to stay on visitor visa without making any money until I get my PR, I have been researching if there's any way to extend my work permit status.

I heard from some immigration consultants and actually also someone from this forum that people can apply to extend their open work permit without ITA or AOR (I think they stated in the application that their APR must have been in process by the time).
This will get them on implied status so that at least they can buy some time. No matter the extension would be rejected or approved, does anyone know that it is okay to take advantage of implied status like this?? Is there anyone who has done this?

I am worried because on CIC website, if you submit incomplete application, it is treated that the application was never submitted and you can't benefit from implied status.
(link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp)
Also, on this webpage, it sounds like I should submit either LMIA or Offer of Employment to a Foreign National Exempt from LMIA, along with the WP extension application...

Is anyone an expert on this... I called so many immigration firms including lawyers, but some say I can but the others say I can't.

:( Please help!! Thank you in advance!!

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
ee2015 said:
Hi all,

As it is hard for me to stay on visitor visa without making any money until I get my PR, I have been researching if there's any way to extend my work permit status.

I heard from some immigration consultants and actually also someone from this forum that people can apply to extend their open work permit without ITA or AOR (I think they stated in the application that their APR must have been in process by the time).
This will get them on implied status so that at least they can buy some time. No matter the extension would be rejected or approved, does anyone know that it is okay to take advantage of implied status like this?? Is there anyone who has done this?

I am worried because on CIC website, if you submit incomplete application, it is treated that the application was never submitted and you can't benefit from implied status.
(link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp)
Also, on this webpage, it sounds like I should submit either LMIA or Offer of Employment to a Foreign National Exempt from LMIA, along with the WP extension application...

Is anyone an expert on this... I called so many immigration firms including lawyers, but some say I can but the others say I can't.

Well, from my understanding, you wont fit the implied status until you have AOR after ITA. If you want to extend your work permit, it's more like you apply for a new work permit, then you will need LMIA. Or you can only extend as a visitor, then you will fit the implied status, but you cannot work.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your score looks good. please wait for next draw before you take any decision.

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
ee2015 said:
Hi all,

You can certainly do that to buy some time. my work permit was expiring july 31 , and i had to apply for extension on basis of my wifes work permit which was under processing. So in order to keep working I submitted an incomplete application on july 20 which was rejected on october 25. So this way I got myself working for almost 3 months and in the meanwhile i got ITA and now I am PR.

I would suggest you wait for at least this draw because your score is good and you can certainly make it.

But the option above is totally legal and ok to do

hope it helps

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
sidaktoronto said:
You can certainly do that to buy some time. my work permit was expiring july 31 , and i had to apply for extension on basis of my wifes work permit which was under processing. So in order to keep working I submitted an incomplete application on july 20 which was rejected on october 25. So this way I got myself working for almost 3 months and in the meanwhile i got ITA and now I am PR.

I would suggest you wait for at least this draw because your score is good and you can certainly make it.

But the option above is totally legal and ok to do

hope it helps
Hello!

Thank you so much for reply :)
Yes I would certainly wait until the last minute before I do this...

I think that your application was not treated as incomplete? because it says on the CIC website that you can't be on implied status if it was an incomplete application.

Could I ask what you stated in your work permit extension application? Did you explain in the LOE that you are waiting on your wife's work permit processing?
Also... what did they say on the rejection letter?

Thank you so much again.... helped me a lot!!!

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
ee2015 said:
Hello!

Thank you so much for reply :)
Yes I would certainly wait until the last minute before I do this...

I think that your application was not treated as incomplete? because it says on the CIC website that you can't be on implied status if it was an incomplete application.

Could I ask what you stated in your work permit extension application? Did you explain in the LOE that you are waiting on your wife's work permit processing?
Also... what did they say on the rejection letter?

Thank you so much again.... helped me a lot!!!

yes I stated I was waiting for her wp. but as her wp was not approved they rejected my application

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
sidaktoronto said:
yes I stated I was waiting for her wp. but as her wp was not approved they rejected my application
Hi wow your PR was proceeded really fast, I am just wondering can you receive PPR if your work permit has rejected, and you are still waiting here in Canada for your work permit restoration application to go through?

for me, I got ITA while I was on my implied status, and then days after AOR my work permit extension application got rejected. I applied for the restoration. Some people mentioned, CIC will not proceed my PR application until my restoration application first goes through, is it correct? But there is a high possibility CIC might reject the restoration applicaiton since its made after my PGWP expired, implied status expired.

Anyone who has similar experiences, please dont hesitate to share, thanks so much!!

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
daomingli said:
Hi wow your PR was proceeded really fast, I am just wondering can you receive PPR if your work permit has rejected, and you are still waiting here in Canada for your work permit restoration application to go through?

for me, I got ITA while I was on my implied status, and then days after AOR my work permit extension application got rejected. I applied for the restoration. Some people mentioned, CIC will not proceed my PR application until my restoration application first goes through, is it correct? But there is a high possibility CIC might reject the restoration applicaiton since its made after my PGWP expired, implied status expired.

Anyone who has similar experiences, please dont hesitate to share, thanks so much!!
Hi daomingli,

May I ask what explanation you included in your work permit extension application? Were you on PGWP originally and continue working while on the implied status?

I am afraid if I don't attach ITA/AOR or LMIA in the extension application, then it is treated as Incomplete so that I would never be eligible for Implied Status...

Any comments would be appreciated.

On your case, I don't see why they would reject your restoration because they would probably have given you 90 days to apply to restore on the rejection letter?