+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone experience to downgrade their level of study like diploma to certificate?

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys. just a quick question, anyone who made changes to their level of their studies? did you experienced difficulty in applying for PGWP? anyone please?

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Some people told me there could be difficulties, but Im not sure why would they do that??

experienced people please respond

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superman2012 said:
Hi guys. just a quick question, anyone who made changes to their level of their studies? did you experienced difficulty in applying for PGWP? anyone please?
once you finish your study (if your school on the list of CIC and you have valid study permit) , you would apply for PGWP.

but if you want to apply for study permit , it would not be easy.
you have to explain why you wanna study that field (related to your job etc)

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
floomy said:
once you finish your study (if your school on the list of CIC and you have valid study permit) , you would apply for PGWP.

but if you want to apply for study permit , it would not be easy.
you have to explain why you wanna study that field (related to your job etc)
He (or we) are asking about PGWP itself....not study permit
he means to say, can there be any difficulties to get proper work permit becuase we altered the course and tried to sort of cheat/alter the system so to speak

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can you get a letter of confirmation of graduation from you school?
if so, you do not have any problem to apply for PGWP because you finished your degree/diploma and eligible for apply for PGWP.

not sure what means alter/cheat on system?
if change of level of study means that you register degree program but finish diploma,
still don't think it would be problem (your pgwp would have short length of time. )

Did you talk to international office from your school?
they might have more info.

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
floomy said:
can you get a letter of confirmation of graduation from you school?
if so, you do not have any problem to apply for PGWP because you finished your degree/diploma and eligible for apply for PGWP.

not sure what means alter/cheat on system?
if change of level of study means that you register degree program but finish diploma,
still don't think it would be problem (your pgwp would have short length of time. )

Did you talk to international office from your school?
they might have more info.
How can PGWP be short duration if course is of same length??
I a just afraid, cic might think, this kid was naughty to do this...came on one course, then completely changed the course...

Also with regards to help form college, they say CIC might be able to help better...
They can only help with graduation certificate...which yes ofcourse the college will issue..

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok..
you meant you changed the major/course but still study same length of time and have a diploma/degree.

(if you elaborate your situation more, I would have understood correctly from the beginning)

don't think it would be problem, as long as you finished your course and have a diploma.

is your course/major name on your study permit?
If so, write a letter explain why you change your course with your PGWP app. (obviously your confirmation of degree would be under different program).

otherwise, you do not need to inform that to CIC.

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
floomy said:
ok..
you meant you changed the major/course but still study same length of time and have a diploma/degree.

(if you elaborate your situation more, I would have understood correctly from the beginning)

don't think it would be problem, as long as you finished your course and have a diploma.

is your course/major name on your study permit?
If so, write a letter explain why you change your course with your PGWP app. (obviously your confirmation of degree would be under different program).

"is your course/major name on your study permit?"

i wouldnt know...because I have not landed in Canada yet...it is given to students upon arrival ...
otherwise, you do not need to inform that to CIC.