+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone expericencing error during online application?

wangloveday

Mar 5, 2013
I am applying for my study permit online now. All files were uploaded perfectly except the two electronic forms, IMM 5257 E and IMM 1294. Everytime I upload them, I was told I submit an application form from scanned paper, but my forms are not. They are the orginal forms that I filled ,validated and saved... And I tried and tried and keep felling...
Is there anybody have gone through this process and have any advice?
Thanks...

sun09

Jan 9, 2013
I am also planning to apply for study permit for summer 2013 intake. Can u let me know the procedure pls. May be i can also try and give u some input?

wangloveday

Mar 5, 2013
sun09 said:
I am also planning to apply for study permit for summer 2013 intake. Can u let me know the procedure pls. May be i can also try and give u some input?
I am applying for the study permit online, through cic application, and I upload the documents successfully after several trails! One advice for you is that, if you are also applying online, just open the electronic application form, complete it, validate it and then save it to your computer. Never download it first! That is how I did it... Also, the documents you sent shouldnt be too big.
Wish you good luck!

sun09

Jan 9, 2013
hey,
i have very less time to this, i am going to vfs and submitting hard copies :)

Mine is for summer intake.

Given that there are other travels in between, i cannot take chance with this online thing.

Good luck to you :)

omids

May 27, 2013
I was having the same problem, and I found the solution after spending several hours on this. You have to fill the IMM 5257 form online directly from CIC before downloading it to your personal computer. After you fill the form, validate it, and then save it to your computer as pdf. Next, you can upload the pdf in CIC online application. If you download the form before validating it, it won't work. that is a strange bug in their system, and I hope they fix it soon enough to avoid this much of waste of time for us applicants.

Cheers,

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
rightly said .
iss form ki khawaari ka kafi ghantoun ki anthak mehnat k baad he pata chalta ha :).
jab ap upload kerwa kerwa k thak jatay hu aur woh phir bh kehta ha k error :).
then apki nazar jate ha samnay walay 5257 form pe ...
my application took exactly 12 hours ;)
80 pages , scanned , converted into pdf.
then ik ik ker k set banaye , and then reduce size and bla bla