+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone ever Emailed documents for ICES ECA process?

littlest11

Mar 30, 2020
Hello! Hope everyone is staying safe.
I'm going to apply for EE but I'm having a big problem regarding ECA. (I know I should have done this earlier...but I decided to do PR quite recently...)

First, I've already paid for WES but due to Covid-19, my University in the UK is not able to send sealed transcripts (nor using Gradintel or something, as they are currently only available for undergraduate students, and I'm a Graduate). So I think I can't proceed with WES...

So I searched for other organisation, and it seems like ICES (BCIT) is the only one who's accepting transcripts sent via Email directly from the academic authority.
I've asked my school if sending email is possible, and they said they can possibly send "Statement of Award" or "Scanned copy of the transcript I have, and check it against my student record, and then send it on to a third party confirming that it is genuine."

Actually that doesn't sound like a complete document that ICES accepts, but literally I have no option now. I would like to try even though I might waste my money.
I haven't paid for ICES yet, and just want to know if anyone ever asked their school to send official documents via Email.

How was your experience? What kind of documents did your school send to ICES?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Sithari

Apr 17, 2020
Hello! Hope everyone is staying safe.
I'm going to apply for EE but I'm having a big problem regarding ECA. (I know I should have done this earlier...but I decided to do PR quite recently...)

First, I've already paid for WES but due to Covid-19, my University in the UK is not able to send sealed transcripts (nor using Gradintel or something, as they are currently only available for undergraduate students, and I'm a Graduate). So I think I can't proceed with WES...

So I searched for other organisation, and it seems like ICES (BCIT) is the only one who's accepting transcripts sent via Email directly from the academic authority.
I've asked my school if sending email is possible, and they said they can possibly send "Statement of Award" or "Scanned copy of the transcript I have, and check it against my student record, and then send it on to a third party confirming that it is genuine."

Actually that doesn't sound like a complete document that ICES accepts, but literally I have no option now. I would like to try even though I might waste my money.
I haven't paid for ICES yet, and just want to know if anyone ever asked their school to send official documents via Email.

How was your experience? What kind of documents did your school send to ICES?

Thank you very much in advance!!
I am actually in your exact same situation, just that I am from Denmark. I also just figured out that ICES accepts documents by email. I sent them an email asking a couple questions though, and they replied me with this

"As of March 18, 2020 all new incoming applications have been suspended until further notice..."

I guess we are out of luck.

We should stay in touch.

Reactions: littlest11

littlest11

Mar 30, 2020
I am actually in your exact same situation, just that I am from Denmark. I also just figured out that ICES accepts documents by email. I sent them an email asking a couple questions though, and they replied me with this

"As of March 18, 2020 all new incoming applications have been suspended until further notice..."

I guess we are out of luck.

We should stay in touch.
Hey Sithari! Thanks for the information.
This is so frustrating especially when I'm running out of time.

In that case, I might need to reconsider applying to ICES, because anyway it might take more than 20 weeks even after they resume the service...
and my current visa will be expired anyway.

Have you applied to WES too? I'm trying to reach them to know if they accept any other alternatives that my school can provide.

If they don't allow the alternatives, I don't want to believe but my EE will never happen. So sad.

Sithari

Apr 17, 2020
Yeah 20 weeks also. I have applied to WES, and I am trying to get my university to send the documents. But yeah... they can't... I have already reached out to them, there are no other alternatives for me at least. She also didn't seem to understand English that well, kinda annoying actually.

What do you mean it will never happen? You can just wait until your university can send them right?

littlest11

Mar 30, 2020
Ahhh this is not good at all :(
Oh I mean, coz my current visa will expire in August and now I don't really think I can get my ECA before then...

My uni in the UK doesn't seem like to be able to resume sending a hard-copy documents due to Covid19 before June or something so that I can get ECA before August. If they can, that would be miracle! (and I wish this miracle happens to me)

Maybe my other miracle will be Gradintel (it's an online service), which WES accept from my school. It's currently only available for undergraduate students but if my school expands it to Graduate students, then it will be the resolution....

I have Bachelor's and Master's and only applied for my Master's. Now I'm thinking maybe I can apply for ECA for my Bachelor's (not from UK) just to make EE profile. :/

littlest11

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah 20 weeks also. I have applied to WES, and I am trying to get my university to send the documents. But yeah... they can't... I have already reached out to them, there are no other alternatives for me at least. She also didn't seem to understand English that well, kinda annoying actually.
Hey Sithari, do you have any progress with this? After a long, slow conversation, I was finally able to submit documents on 27th May! - but seems like from June 5th, WES is accepting electronic transmission. I hope you have progress!

Polii

Mar 6, 2021
Hey guys, how did you do to send the documentation via email to WES? Did your university have to do something special or can they just send the docs to an email address?

Thanks!