+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone else's PR renewal application stuck since April 2023?

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Husband and I applied for PR renewal online end of April. We still haven't heard anything from IRCC. It's frustrating because applications from June/Jul have been approved but ours are still stuck in processing. We've contacted our MP who will be getting in touch with IRCC this week but I just find the whole situation bizarre. I wonder what happens if the MP is also not able to help us. Every time we call IRCC they tell us that we just need to wait. It seems like our applications are stuck due to a glitch and no one is able to help us.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Husband and I applied for PR renewal online end of April. We still haven't heard anything from IRCC. It's frustrating because applications from June/Jul have been approved but ours are still stuck in processing. We've contacted our MP who will be getting in touch with IRCC this week but I just find the whole situation bizarre. I wonder what happens if the MP is also not able to help us. Every time we call IRCC they tell us that we just need to wait. It seems like our applications are stuck due to a glitch and no one is able to help us.

I am helping my mom's doing her renewal, hers was received on May 26th, so a month later than yours.. like yours, we tried Webform, even MP.. MP assistant said IRCC rep she talked to had sent a message to the person handling the case.. that was 2 weeks ago.. nothing happening.. please keep posted.. i know how frustrated it is..

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I am helping my mom's doing her renewal, hers was received on May 26th, so a month later than yours.. like yours, we tried Webform, even MP.. MP assistant said IRCC rep she talked to had sent a message to the person handling the case.. that was 2 weeks ago.. nothing happening.. please keep posted.. i know how frustrated it is..
So sorry to hear this :( I called up again yesterday and the agent let me know that she had asked for my case to be escalated and it seemed like they were almost done processing my application. She said I should receive the card soon. Fingers crossed. I'm praying your mum is able to get hers soon too. Will keep you posted.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So sorry to hear this :( I called up again yesterday and the agent let me know that she had asked for my case to be escalated and it seemed like they were almost done processing my application. She said I should receive the card soon. Fingers crossed. I'm praying your mum is able to get hers soon too. Will keep you posted.
Was your application very straightforward? Did you travel a lot? We’re you well over the 730 days in the last 5 years

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016

Thanks a lot, have you tried to contact your MP? i have a good news for my case.. yesterday the MP office contacted me and said the card was sent to the production line now.. today I checked the status. It is decision made. So I think it's coming.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Thanks a lot, have you tried to contact your MP? i have a good news for my case.. yesterday the MP office contacted me and said the card was sent to the production line now.. today I checked the status. It is decision made. So I think it's coming.
That is amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing back from our MP. They are supposed to speak to IRCC this week. Many congratulations to you :)

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
That is amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing back from our MP. They are supposed to speak to IRCC this week. Many congratulations to you :)
Thanks a lot, yours was even a month later than my moms. I am sure yours is coming too. I think if we have at least 2 years out of 5 years, then I see no reason of sending to a secondary or interview what so ever. dont worry

Reactions: explorerCA

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Thanks a lot, yours was even a month later than my moms. I am sure yours is coming too. I think if we have at least 2 years out of 5 years, then I see no reason of sending to a secondary or interview what so ever. dont worry
Thank you :) Fingers crossed!

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Just wanted to let you know that I got my card today :) What a huge relief!

Reactions: yijiequ

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Just wanted to let you know that I got my card today :) What a huge relief!
thats great.. Mine was showing "completed" and card was mailed yesterday. so it should be here soon..
now the lesson for this is, next time, if the processing time is over the average one, make sure just contact MP... Webform is useless, call centre agent is also unhelpful. I think IRCC is just understaffed.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
thats great.. Mine was showing "completed" and card was mailed yesterday. so it should be here soon..
now the lesson for this is, next time, if the processing time is over the average one, make sure just contact MP... Webform is useless, call centre agent is also unhelpful. I think IRCC is just understaffed.
Honestly I don't know if the MP did anything yet. I'm going to contact them today and give them an update. They were supposed to speak to IRCC last week and suddenly my card showed up so no idea if their intervention actually did anything! No harm in contacting them anyways. My husband's still hasn't come yet so we still need to wait for his.

Reactions: yijiequ

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Honestly I don't know if the MP did anything yet. I'm going to contact them today and give them an update. They were supposed to speak to IRCC last week and suddenly my card showed up so no idea if their intervention actually did anything! No harm in contacting them anyways. My husband's still hasn't come yet so we still need to wait for his.
whats your husbands timeline, is it over 83 days now? yes, i agree.. no harm at all.. at least this way IRCC knows that someone is checking. and you can have a peaceful mind that it's not something you were doing wrong or worse, might be sent to a secondary/local to verify more.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
whats your husbands timeline, is it over 83 days now? yes, i agree.. no harm at all.. at least this way IRCC knows that someone is checking. and you can have a peaceful mind that it's not something you were doing wrong or worse, might be sent to a secondary/local to verify more.
We got a call from our MP's office today. Apparently, a change of our address had caused the delay. I had called up IRCC 2-3 months ago to update our address/phone numbers, etc. My husband's application is also being processed and the card is expected to arrive anytime before mid-November. Fingers crossed :)