+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone else applied for a visitor visa AFTER applying for a spousal PR?

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
We sent in my PR application back in July and still waiting to hear from them (package received in Nova Scotia on 17th Aug).

Meanwhile, I applied for a visitor visa on the 12th of this month. I was wondering if any of you ever did anything similar? We want to go visit the family but my previous visit visa expired and the PR processing can take forever. So we thought about sending in this application to allow us to visit meanwhile.

I am hoping it's not a problem!

Reddy2020

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
I am also on the same boat,
Did u apply according to the new method for immediate family members given in the ircc website.
Please let me know if there is any update on your application.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
I am also on the same boat,
Did u apply according to the new method for immediate family members given in the ircc website.
Please let me know if there is any update on your application.
What new method? I applied as usual. My Canadian wife is here in the UK with me and it's the two of us who plan on travelling to Canada together to visit her sister and brother-in-law.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We sent in my PR application back in July and still waiting to hear from them (package received in Nova Scotia on 17th Aug).

Meanwhile, I applied for a visitor visa on the 12th of this month. I was wondering if any of you ever did anything similar? We want to go visit the family but my previous visit visa expired and the PR processing can take forever. So we thought about sending in this application to allow us to visit meanwhile.

I am hoping it's not a problem!
Would wait an see if you actually get a TRV.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Would wait an see if you actually get a TRV.
Their site does seem to suggest that you can still get the visa but not be allowed to travel. Let's see what happens. As long as I have the visa, we can travel when they say it's safe.

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
my Husband is Canadian and he has applied for spousal sponsorship for me, I’m Indian, we applied in May
If we apply for my visitor visa under new immediate family member, are there chances of getting one while spousal is still in process? How long is it taking for visitor visa to get
ANY LUCK?