+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone can share the email to reschedule the oath ceremony for Scarborough Office?

clear6690

Aug 13, 2021
Hi Everyone, I applied in Aug 2019 and just got the notification (online tracker, no email) to attend the oath ceremony in Dec 2021. Just wondering if anyone can share the email address in the oath invite email to reschedule the oath ceremony for Scarborough Office? I will leave Canada due to work in October and it would be very difficult for me to travel back to Canada (especially during COVID) and take the oath in December. Thanks in advance!

Idda11

Jun 13, 2016
Hello, I also have a similar question about rescheduling due to being outside Canada. I am wondering when is the next date they can provide for the Oath Ceremony? Is it soon (could I ask for a week after), or you might need to wait several months in the que? Does anyone have recent experience of rescheduling and is it possible to take the Ceremony of Oath outside Canada? Thank you

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
dose anyone know if it's possible to know the name and email/phone number of the officer who processes one's application?

Idda11

Jun 13, 2016
Hi Everyone, I applied in Aug 2019 and just got the notification (online tracker, no email) to attend the oath ceremony in Dec 2021. Just wondering if anyone can share the email address in the oath invite email to reschedule the oath ceremony for Scarborough Office? I will leave Canada due to work in October and it would be very difficult for me to travel back to Canada (especially during COVID) and take the oath in December. Thanks in advance!
I am wondering why they scheduled it such in advance? My office is in Scarborough, I did my Citizenship Test outside of Canada. I found my status changed and the Ceremony was scheduled in 2 weeks. I didn't receive an email yet. WOndering if you asked to reschedule and what date they provided?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am wondering why they scheduled it such in advance? My office is in Scarborough, I did my Citizenship Test outside of Canada. I found my status changed and the Ceremony was scheduled in 2 weeks. I didn't receive an email yet. WOndering if you asked to reschedule and what date they provided?
Did you inform them you are outside Canada when you did the exam?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, I did, of course - I emailed them and got an answer confirmation on the same day. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do it outside I think.
You can, but you need to let them know. I am surprised that they knew you are outside Canada and did the test, yet they sent you the oath invitation also. Didn't they ask you for passport pages and ticket when returning to Canada? I think they have started to ask for this to avoid such situations as yours.

Idda11

Jun 13, 2016
You can, but you need to let them know. I am surprised that they knew you are outside Canada and did the test, yet they sent you the oath invitation also. Didn't they ask you for passport pages and ticket when returning to Canada? I think they have started to ask for this to avoid such situations as yours.
They just asked for colourful copies of my passport pages, but not a ticket or anything else was mentioned.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hello, I also have a similar question about rescheduling due to being outside Canada. I am wondering when is the next date they can provide for the Oath Ceremony? Is it soon (could I ask for a week after), or you might need to wait several months in the que? Does anyone have recent experience of rescheduling and is it possible to take the Ceremony of Oath outside Canada? Thank you

Any change of the date of your test or oath will take 3-6 months based on what I learned. Good luck.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
That is common sense. The last thing I want as an IRCC officer is my name being out there. Think of all the nutcases trying to bother me
they won't bother an officer should he/she works properly and make sure everything goes smoothly as expected rather than endless waiting.