+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone came back to canada from the US in a car without Pr card?

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
we just landed and want to visit the US asap, on CIC's website it states

If you do not present your card when you return to Canada, you may be asked to show one of the following documents:

a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form;
the original Record of Landing (if it is dated 1973 or later);
a passport stamped with the date you were granted permanent residence (if your Record of Landing is dated 1972 or earlier);
a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters; or
a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status.

does anyone have experience coming back from the States without the Pr card? would the Border service officer be sastified with just one of the above documents?

Jan 31, 2012
While I was waiting for my card to come through I came back no probs with a copy of my record of landing, I also had my passport with the Info in it.that was few years ago.

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I drove down to Buffalo last month to catch a flight to CA. I had no problem reentry with my landing record stapled into my passport. The border agent didn't even look at the landing passport. I guess I'm in the comoputer system that shows I'm a PR now ;D I would have rather flown out of Toronto but without the PR card I wouldn't be able to fly back into Canada thus the driving to Buffalo. Hope that helps!!