+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone been aproved for sponsorship lately?

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has been aproved for sponsorship lately? When did you send you package away and when did you get your letter of aproval? I looked at a bunch of timelines on here and most were aproved in about a month. My application was recieved in Mississuaga on July 31, 08 according to the tracking number from Canada Post. I was hoping the letter would have come this week but no such luck (theres still tommorow). The processing times on the CIC website was just updated today and now it say, processing applications up to - July 31, 08 / aprox time for processing - 44 days. It also says if your application was recieved before July 31 then you can check it on E-cas but I have no luck logging in. Can you use the reciept number that is given to you from paying online? I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea on when I might recieve my letter. Im asking because my wife will be given a temp visa when we can show the embassy in Bangkok my sponsorship aproval letter. She keeps asking me when she can come here and I keep saying I hope in 2 weeks, or I think the letter will come next week. We've been apart for 2 months and we both miss each other so much, I dont know how those of you who've been apart for a year or even more can do it.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Re: Anyone been aproved for sponsorship next week?

Who actually tells you she can get a temp visa once sponsorship is approved? Just wondering where that info comes from.

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
Hi,

We applied for a temp visa after we got married but before starting the permanent resident application. The visa officer gave us a note saying that when mississauga approves sponsorship he/she will issue the temporary visa. Its called dual intent, but I think alot of embassy's will not give it out for some stupid reason. They put our temp visa file on hold for 90 days while waiting for the letter of aproval but now I think thats close to an end and my sponsorship hasn't been approved yet. I really hope their will be no problems with getting a new temp visa but you never know with these people.

willnv

Jul 11, 2008
YES! I just succesfully logged on to E-cas. It says a decission on sponsorship has been made and a letter sent out on September 2! Hopefully I'll get it in the mail today or early next week. With any luck I'll still be within the 90 days of our application for TRV. Such a relief knowing I'll be able to see me sweet heart soon.

T

thaihubby

I feel your pain. I have been separated from my Thai hubby for 3 months and we have an 11 month old daughter. I feel that this whole bloody system is so unfair and painful for families...best of luck. Great Forum!

M

mrs_missing_mr

I also feel your pain guys, I have been separated from my hubby since feb 28, we have 2 kids, so its really really hard....................

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
We just managed a Temp Visa for a visit over Christmas.

I included our client number and information about our sponsorship being approved first and wrote detailed plans for the trip as well as detailed reasons on why she will return after the holidays and we were sucessful.

M

med

i also share with u guys all the pain and suffering caused by this long seperation from our beloved ones good luck WLNV and plz let us aquainted with ur latests .