+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applying from the Caribbean?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Andreah said:
Congrats on your LMIA ButterflyChemist. Did you apply for your work permit yet? and if so what visa office did you use?
Andreah my visa office is Kingston since I live in Jamaica. Literally just applied.
Work permit for me and open permit for spouse as well as TRV for our daughter

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Fellow Caribbean applicants, I've noticed that my email notifications for my online applications come in at odd hours of the night, usually between midnight and 7 a.m. I find it very strange and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
My friend went to University in Jamaica and has been trying for four months to get her Police Certificate of Character from them but they keep saying they need some tax number which she doesn't have because she never worked there and isn't a citizen, she came back home as soon as she finished her degree and just got her PER. She doesn't want her application to be refused since they haven't given it to her. Is there anyway around this?

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Any updates guys?
I haven't heard anything from the high commission of Canada Trinidad and I am getting worried cause I don't think it should take this long I haven't even received a medical request from them. A work visa is supposed to take one month to process according to CIC average processing time dates, I am now going on 2 months and 2 weeks with no reply to any of the emails I nor my employer sent and you can't even call them to find out about your application smh.
How about anyone else?

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
jsm1988 said:
Hi! I'm from trinidad also!! Ive applied under fsw for PR.
Application received: 30- Dec-2014

Applied under NOC 2145.
Hi have you heard anything back from CIC office in Trinidad as yet?

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
ButterflyChemist said:
Samnelson its good to come across another Jamaican. Did you apply for a work permit? Care to share what your experience was like at the visa office?
another jamaican here, planning to apply for trv this month but i also have an acceptance letter for college. Should i forego the trv and just do straight study permit?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
silly_chantell said:
another jamaican here, planning to apply for trv this month but i also have an acceptance letter for college. Should i forego the trv and just do straight study permit?
That really depends on your plans. There are different requirements for each so only you can decide that.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
My husband is Vincentian. They keep in refusing his visiting visa application to visit me here in Canada. Any tips from you guys? We are so disappointed :(

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
tinacraigg said:
My husband is Vincentian. They keep in refusing his visiting visa application to visit me here in Canada. Any tips from you guys? We are so disappointed :(
You should post your question in the visitors section of the forum. In order to help we need to know the reasons given for the rejections.

genajamaica

Sep 29, 2011
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-05-2015
Med's Request
29-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2015
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
not yet
Are there any Jamaicans who applyed through the Quebec

I received CSQ in October 2014
Sent file to Nova Scotia in January 2015

File opened by CIC in March 2015

awaiting OAR from Kingston and medical and security check

Dolphinwheels

Sep 1, 2015
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and so far a few of the posts have helped me a lot. However there are a few things I need assistance or clarifications, hope anyone can help

I'm a Canadian citizen and I'm sponsoring my common law boyfriend from Antigua. I have already been approved as a sponsor in June 21 2015, now we are just waiting on his papers which was sent June 24 2015 which was sent to Port of Spain - Trinidad.
Question
1. Does anyone know how long it will take or roughly? If your papers went to the same place, how long it took?
2. I'm disabled (use a wheelchair), so if my boyfriend was called in for an interview, would I have to attend?

Thanks for your attention