+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applying from the Caribbean?

KAT23

May 3, 2014
I've noticed posts from all over the world except the Caribbean, anyone else applying to Canada?

Nicolle

Jan 23, 2014
Hi I am applying in Jaimaica through online under LCP. I thought it will take 2months but it's my 5th month this july. Any update from your application? Thanks

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
tery1461 said:
I'm in Canada now buy yes I went through the POS office.
Oh when did you file your application? can you give me some details of your experience like how long did they take to process your application? did you have to do an interview? which program did you file under?

tery1461

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
chasinglight said:
Oh when did you file your application? can you give me some details of your experience like how long did they take to process your application? did you have to do an interview? which program did you file under?
applicaton was done 2011, it took 22 days to process, no interview requested, done under TFW.

thanks

pamela1686

Mar 12, 2014
Im not from the caribbean Im from Mexico but I also cannot find anyone from my country, since I noticed all of you are from different countries, how did u apply? I applied online, I just made a quiestion in the forum about if its the same applying online or at the visa office, even tho the website says its the same, I used the official CIC website to apply, this is gonna sounds awfully silly but is it a sure thing my application will be process in the mexican office? it is an online app after all, how do they know where to put it?
if you can shared your experience with the visa it would be great
thanks!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
I'm from Jamaica also. Haven't applied yet just getting my documents together to apply for a work permit. Can y'all share your experiences?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Samnelson said:
I applied the 28th of July, Im from Jamaica.

Samnelson its good to come across another Jamaican. Did you apply for a work permit? Care to share what your experience was like at the visa office?

Samnelson

Aug 6, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Samnelson its good to come across another Jamaican. Did you apply for a work permit? Care to share what your experience was like at the visa office?
Hey, I didnt apply for the work permit, I applied for the study permit.
and at the VAC its a quick process really, that is if everything is correct on the forms and you have all additional documents. The travel agent had put the date of my passport issued to be 2014 when it was 2013 , so i had to pay to do that form over at the office (they dont take cash, debit or credit cards only) otherwise from that ....its was okay. Biometrics didnt take long to do. So just check over your forms to make sure the data is correct and you'll be fine. Oh make sure you have the current checklist and go on the VAC website and download the consent form, you'll need it...if you dont have it..it comes at a cost.