Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share advice, tips and stories and your trials and tribulations about getting to OR from Canada

salparadise

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-10
Doc's Request.
16-08-10
AOR Received.
06-08-10
Passport Req..
16-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-10
Hello,

I will be sponsoring my wife who is from Honduras. We are sending the papers within the next two weeks. Have you already started the process??? Completed the process?? I have many questions for people applying from the central america region and not many people appear to have the greatest answers, or have the best knowledge of the area and the process that takes place in C.A.

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case in almost all of L.A(C.A), as the information is not well maintained and it is just not readily available for us people to locate, it's almost like they FORCE you to use a lawyer because its so difficult to find the information on your own.
We have not submitted our application as yet, as I am trying to do as much background information gathering as possible.
Our case is a complicated one as my husband has a child from a previous marriage and we are still sorting out all the kinks with that. We have to pay SO much money, just for him to be eligible to LEAVE the country, so you can imagine the S%$# we are going through.

I would love to hear about what steps you have taken thus far and any questions you may have that I could try and help out with...Also, are you applying through the office in Guatemala ?

salparadise

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-10
Doc's Request.
16-08-10
AOR Received.
06-08-10
Passport Req..
16-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-10
HI,

Yes, we are applying through the Guatemala office. I am hoping to send everything out by the end of next week. We have had quite the journey too, though perhaps not as rough as yours as we don't have any children.

Right now I am in the final stages of organizing all the gathered evidence and background info as well as writing the outline of relationship and all the extra information that seems to be required. I had never thought about the dates before, so that is a big struggle. I worry about the smallest things with this application and it is stressing me out. I can't say for sure about a lot of the dates, so I have guessed based on certain other events etc.

Where are you living?

Are you working?

How long have you been living where you are living?

Thanks