+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied from Syria(Damascus) office and got medical request with new rule

ka3far

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/Feb/09
Med's Request
9/Dec/09
Med's Done....
23/Dec/09
Interview........
15/Dec/08
Passport Req..
24/MAY/10
VISA ISSUED...
26/MAY/10
LANDED..........
soon :D
Dear tony..
you said that you found the email in the junk ! which means that it has been sent for approximatly 10 days before.. can you please tell me the exact day you recieved the email .. thank you :)
im just trying to calculate the possible day i might recieve my email..

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Anyone applied from Syria(Damascus) office and got medical request with new

Hello Ka3far! Actually, I got the email on Sunday 24th in my junk, I'm used to check my junk emails that's why I saw it the same day!

Now the strange thing is that they told me at the Canadian embassy in Lebanon that it might take between 2 and 8 weeks to deliver the VISA! that's a wide interval of time! Will keep you posted regarding any new updates... Btw eCas still the same old message!

atoz

Jan 21, 2010

tamercool said:
hi all
I very happy to found someone applied to Syria

about me:
i will apply to Damascus office at 2 November 2009

my time line

sent application to CIO 21 May 2009
Received AOR 2 july 2009
my end time to apply to Damascus office 2 November 2009

share me your time line
thanks
i am syrian who applied as a federal skilled worker. does the fast trac system apply to me. also what is the kind of immigration that you are applying for to be able to apply at the damascus office directly ... in my case it was to canad directly.
I applied in october 2009 to canda, heard nothing yet!
thanks.

sahar_sahar

Feb 11, 2010
HI
I am sponsoring my husband from Iran . Our case has been on process since October 06 and hasn't been changed since. any one knows how long would it normally take for such cases ? is it the same as their time table or faster? I don't know if I should call Damascus visa Office just yet . and I have read posts about calling my MP( member of parliament?) , anyone with the same kind of experience?

ka3far

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/Feb/09
Med's Request
9/Dec/09
Med's Done....
23/Dec/09
Interview........
15/Dec/08
Passport Req..
24/MAY/10
VISA ISSUED...
26/MAY/10
LANDED..........
Dear Tony..
Its been 3 weeks !!!!!! did you recieve the passports or are they serious about the 8 weeks ???
I still haven't recieved passports request .. which is very frustrating!!

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Dear ka3far,
yes I know it's frustrating. I didn't get my passports back yet, it's the 3rd week already... I suggest you send an email to the visa office in Damascus and ask about the status of ur application. And once u get PPR, send ur passports directly to Syria via express courier like Fedex, it will be much faster since the VISA should be ready next day almost. But u will have to find a way to get it back from Damascus (maybe u go there and get it directly by urself)

will keep u posted of any updates. Good luck man!

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Congrats Tony :)
Wish you all the best...

Hope will hear some good news soon from damascus :)
BR
Hassan

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE:

Ecas status changed yesterday to: "Decision Made" (instead of "Under Process") and when I click on it I get:

"We started processing your application on December 2, 2008.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

But the strange thing is that I already got the Passports Request (PPR) last month (24th of January) so why eCas updated now? Might it be related to the VISA? Since my passports are still at the embassy it's 3 weeks already...

ka3far

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/Feb/09
Med's Request
9/Dec/09
Med's Done....
23/Dec/09
Interview........
15/Dec/08
Passport Req..
24/MAY/10
VISA ISSUED...
26/MAY/10
LANDED..........
Thats good news Tony.. this means next week you will recieve the pp. goodluck sadyky ..

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Ka3far,

Thanks for your reply. I hope you'll receive your passport requests very soon! I suggest you send an email to the embassy and inquire about your application. Even thought they will tell you that's it's under review, I think this will show them you are really serious and it will accelerate your application. This is my personal opinion thought, it might not be totally true. But you won't loose anything if you try :)

Will keep you updated with my status.

ka3far

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/Feb/09
Med's Request
9/Dec/09
Med's Done....
23/Dec/09
Interview........
15/Dec/08
Passport Req..
24/MAY/10
VISA ISSUED...
26/MAY/10
LANDED..........
Mabrook Tony !! you finally recieved the holly visa :p I did send them an email as you said but they didnt reply yet .. maybe in the next comming days .. When do you intend to travel ? and where do you want to settle ? and HOW DOES IT FEEL :p?
told you next week you will recieve your visa ;)

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Ka3far! Well yes finally got it. I'm planning to travel beginning of April hopefully and going to Montreal. As for how it feels...well relieved, so relieved because of the long wait. Specially that I am married since 1 year and a half, and I want to settle finally on my own.

As for your email to the embassy, they usually reply after 9-14 days. But good you did send, I am sure this will accelerate your process.

Good luck to all!

atoz

Jan 21, 2010

tamercool said:
hi all
I very happy to found someone applied to Syria
sent application to CIO 21 May 2009
Received AOR 2 july 2009
my end time to apply to Damascus office 2 November 2009
Hi, i applied to CIO in October 2009 and i have heard nothing so far. I have no idea when to expect them to reply ... not even a timeline! They didn't even cash the visa fee that was sent to the CIO yet. My noc is 0213 and applied as federal worker intended to Ontario, not quebec. I am syrian living in damascus. what is your noc and did you apply to quebec?
you should have had the interview by now ... hope it went well. Good luck anyway.
thanks.