+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for Work Permit at the Los Angeles Consulate recently

rocky_S

Dec 4, 2012
zyysara said:
Finally, I got my work permit from consulate in Los Angeles. My application arrived in Los angeles on November 27th. The processing time is 44 days. Just for your information.
Hi zyysara,

Congrats, my application reached on 29th Nov - now I am hoping to hear back as well.

Good luck!

rocky_S

Dec 4, 2012
Hi zyysara, itsmyid,

Just Curious - when your visa got approved did you guys get any email form the Consulate?
And do you know if they verified your work offer by calling your employer?
How much time did the passport take to come after that?

Curious as i hvn't heard from them till now - just wondering if my Canadian employer would have got any intimation that my file is being processed?

Thanks!

zyysara

Dec 29, 2012
rocky_S said:
Hi zyysara, itsmyid,

Just Curious - when your visa got approved did you guys get any email form the Consulate?
And do you know if they verified your work offer by calling your employer?
How much time did the passport take to come after that?

Curious as i hvn't heard from them till now - just wondering if my Canadian employer would have got any intimation that my file is being processed?

Thanks!
I emailed them twice but never got replies. My visa just came suddenly. By the way the USPS tracking system is behind. My tracking information didn't show up until the day I got my visa.

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
Hey guys, just wanted to share my timeline here, got an e-mail today from the LA consulate saying my work permit was approved. It was way faster than I expected. My application was received on December 20th, so it took pretty much a month for them to assess my application. Still waiting to have my passport back though.

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
I got an e-mail saying my work permit has been approved on the 24th of January but haven't gotten my passport back yet so I'm unable to get back to work. Has anyone had their application approved on the LA consulate and could share their timeline so I know how long I should expect to get my passport back?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
blogger100 said:
I got an e-mail saying my work permit has been approved on the 24th of January but haven't gotten my passport back yet so I'm unable to get back to work. Has anyone had their application approved on the LA consulate and could share their timeline so I know how long I should expect to get my passport back?
I got my passport back a week after the email, but it took over 3 months for me to get approval

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
itsmyid said:
I got my passport back a week after the email, but it took over 3 months for me to get approval
Were you also applying for a work permit with a positive LMO?

ulemum

Aug 30, 2012
Hie everyone,

I sent my application to new york on 20 November, they received it on 22 November. My employers contacted their mp to assist with my application. The mp sent me authorization forms to sign, and the New York office told her that my application is being processed in Los Angeles not New York. And also they will assess it end of February.

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
Just got my passport back today with my working visa, gonna share my full timeline here:

12/20/2012 - Application Received at the Canadian Consulate in Los Angeles
01/21/2013 - Got an e-mail saying my application was approved
02/11/2013 - Got my passport back on the mail

Total: 53 days

vahid.gh

Feb 21, 2013
Hey Guys

Any update on work permit from LA consulate....
Have anyone recently received any confirmation email?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hi guys,

Sorry for disturbing your thread. I can't get any information about LA office, and this thread seems to be most related to my situation. My original thread is posted in 'International student' section under name 'Applying in LA office from Canada for Study permit with SX-1 visa' (can't paste links here)

In short, I am on visitor visa in Canada, and would like to apply for study permit by mail at LA consulate (they claim that valid visitor in Canada can apply for SP). Maybe there is anyone of you or your friends, who was involved in the same process? I would appreciate any input.. Thanks.

mo1975

Apr 15, 2013
Any updates on Online Application for the Canada Work permit processing time lines @ LA Visa office is appreciated.
FYI:I filed the application on 04/05/2013 and waiting for the updates.