+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for Work Permit at the Los Angeles Consulate recently

ashu1406

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Hi,

has anyone recently applied for WP at the LA consulate? I had sent the entire application along with my passport and positive LMO on July 11th. No response yet :(

nshukla

Aug 27, 2012
Hi

Have any of you gotten any response as yet? Me and my husband have applied for our work permits on July 19th and have not heard back anything since then.

Thanks,

nshukla

Aug 27, 2012
Hey all,

They say 2 months of processing time...is it usually within those 2 months?

Thanks,
Niyati

ParPar

Aug 13, 2012
nshukla said:
Hey all,

They say 2 months of processing time...is it usually within those 2 months?

Thanks,
Niyati
We hope so ..., July23th :) I should wait 10 more days

nshukla

Aug 27, 2012
ashu1406 said:
Mine was July 11th. Still no reply..
Hey Anshu,

Its already been 2 months for you. Did the application reach on the 11th or did you send on the 11th? You should probably fax/email them because you are over 2 months.

Niyati

phx01

Sep 17, 2012
I am also in the same boat. Has anyone opened up an enquiry or tried to go to the consulate in person?
BTW just wondering if anyone's money order/DD/Cashier's Check has ben encashed already?

nshukla

Aug 27, 2012
phx01 said:
I am also in the same boat. Has anyone opened up an enquiry or tried to go to the consulate in person?
BTW just wondering if anyone's money order/DD/Cashier's Check has ben encashed already?
Our money order was cashed as soon the consulate received our application. We would be over 8 weeks on Monday so would start an inquiry on Monday. There is no way to call/visit. All you can do is either fax or email. Its also stated on the website that if you are over the processing time, they would reply to the inquiries. This may take up to 28 days as mentioned on the website :) so all you can do is wait for the update from them.

In the meantime, if you need your passport back urgently, you can get it back using their special service but that would out an end to your processing and you would have to start all over again.