+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for visitor Visa from UK in month of June or late May 2019

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Thats the general processing time for everyone. but above kunalchemistry5 mentioned his application processing time changed from 22 days to 35 days. So I was wondering is there any application specific expected processing time or not
I am pretty sure there is no thing as 'case specific time' he must be talking about the case that when he applied the gen processing time was 22 days then it went upto 35 days. When I applied on 10th June the wait was 19 days then it went up to 58 days.

aldisssssssss

Jul 31, 2019
read my message number 69. I am not sure if there is enough time for visa approval and then stamping but you can try emailing them and see what happens. Though I guess you applied very late but then if there is any genuine reason you can try you luck.
Hi, I tried your way. It works. I emailed them and the recall my passport back. here's their reply
"
This is in response to your request to have your passport returned to you.

Your passport will be returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) on Tuesday 6th August. It should be at the VAC after 12:00 noon.

VAC contact details:

Call centre phone numbers: +44 203 793 8624

Call centre email: info.canuk@vfshelpline.com

Your application will remain in process and you will be notified once it has been finalised "

By that means my visa still be processing. I really dont expect anything I just want my passport back for my urgency travel. I will update again for the result! Thank you for your information! I really appreciate that!

Reactions: Sedi007

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Hi, I tried your way. It works. I emailed them and the recall my passport back. here's their reply
"
This is in response to your request to have your passport returned to you.

Your passport will be returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) on Tuesday 6th August. It should be at the VAC after 12:00 noon.

VAC contact details:

Call centre phone numbers: +44 203 793 8624

Call centre email: info.canuk@vfshelpline.com

Your application will remain in process and you will be notified once it has been finalised "

By that means my visa still be processing. I really dont expect anything I just want my passport back for my urgency travel. I will update again for the result! Thank you for your information! I really appreciate that!
Glad to know that it worked for you. I guess if you requested just the passport and did not request the procedure to be stopped then they will continue to work on it and when they have reached a decision they'll send you a passport request message. All people who apply online submit their passports when embassy asks for it and not in the beginning.

Make an account on this website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html and link your application to it and I guess you'll be able to see the messages when they come.(not too sure about the walk in applications though)

Hshks7

Aug 7, 2019
hey guys, I submitted my application on 24 July together with biometric information, I linked it with my online account on 31 July, but on 2 aug they request me to submit my biometric info again, what should I do?

Maxydon777

Aug 6, 2019
Hi guys kindly advise me, I applied for a student visa in South Africa but I made a mistake in the application forms on the date of arrival and exit. How can I rectify this, any advise

slv

Aug 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

Applied online on July 28th and my travel date is Sept 11th. I've sent the emails with Urgent in the title and have yet to get a response.

The processing time jumped to 58 days the week after I submitted from 30 days. Just conscious the processing date has now passed. Is it worth preempting and sending my passport to the high commission to save time? If not and I wait for the passport request to come through is it worth flying over and visiting them in person to get the visa?

zimbooo

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

Applied online on July 28th and my travel date is Sept 11th. I've sent the emails with Urgent in the title and have yet to get a response.

The processing time jumped to 58 days the week after I submitted from 30 days. Just conscious the processing date has now passed. Is it worth preempting and sending my passport to the high commission to save time? If not and I wait for the passport request to come through is it worth flying over and visiting them in person to get the visa?
Processing time is now 45 days. I dont think you can send your passport til its requested - turn around time is about 4 days once u hand it in

slv

Aug 20, 2019
Processing time is now 45 days. I dont think you can send your passport til its requested - turn around time is about 4 days once u hand it in
Thanks and what about flying over and handing it in in person?

zimbooo

Jun 17, 2019
Thanks and what about flying over and handing it in in person?
It takes 4 days when you hand it in in person. I applied on the 28th of June and have not heard. Ive not chased up as I was meant to leave on the 16th of August.

slv

Aug 20, 2019
Just got the passport request today and can confirm you need to include the passport request letter when submitting the passport. In addition, the VAC in Dublin confirmed the High Commission will not accept passports handed in in person (I was looking at flights over).

zimbooo

Jun 17, 2019
Just got the passport request today and can confirm you need to include the passport request letter when submitting the passport. In addition, the VAC in Dublin confirmed the High Commission will not accept passports handed in in person (I was looking at flights over).
Fantastic news.... Enjoy your trip

oJoy

Sep 6, 2019
Hi, I am glad to read most people have received their visas! Congratulations chaps!

Please I need your advise on how to progress my application. I applied through an immigrational consulting service in Nigeria on 17 June 2019. My application was submitted online. My current TRV expired I think on 7 August 2019. Since I didn't submit the application myself I can neither track it nor view its updates. My country's travel timeline is 73 days now and my application has been in process a tad longer than that. I have sent a web form, sent an email with the subject "URGENT" to the London, Lagos and Nairobi offices because I don't know where my application is being processed.

I am travelling for 10 days 15 -25 September, I bought my ticket in July to avoid high ticket prices. The purpose of my trip is to visit a very close and dear friend, she has a PR and gave me an invitation letter with her status. I submitted my marriage certificate, daughter's birth certificate account statements for 6 months and letter from my office.

Please what more can I do? My travel date is next weekend and my ticket is not flexible. I can't visit her at a later date this because I need visit my daughter in boarding school on set dates, I can't take another break from work and I am winter averse. Thanks!

zimbooo

Jun 17, 2019
Finally received letter of correspondance on the 18th of October, my daughters arrived on the 11th of November.
Application was made on the 28th of June.. ;)

Reactions: monitunde

monitunde

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi, I am glad to read most people have received their visas! Congratulations chaps!

Please I need your advise on how to progress my application. I applied through an immigrational consulting service in Nigeria on 17 June 2019. My application was submitted online. My current TRV expired I think on 7 August 2019. Since I didn't submit the application myself I can neither track it nor view its updates. My country's travel timeline is 73 days now and my application has been in process a tad longer than that. I have sent a web form, sent an email with the subject "URGENT" to the London, Lagos and Nairobi offices because I don't know where my application is being processed.

I am travelling for 10 days 15 -25 September, I bought my ticket in July to avoid high ticket prices. The purpose of my trip is to visit a very close and dear friend, she has a PR and gave me an invitation letter with her status. I submitted my marriage certificate, daughter's birth certificate account statements for 6 months and letter from my office.

Please what more can I do? My travel date is next weekend and my ticket is not flexible. I can't visit her at a later date this because I need visit my daughter in boarding school on set dates, I can't take another break from work and I am winter averse. Thanks!
Hi,can you please share your timeline here to serve as a guild for us. Thanks and God bless