+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for visitor Visa from UK in month of June or late May 2019

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Congrats!!!
That’s what we did - emailed the High Commission/consulate. My status still says processing, but got a passport request, so hopefully this means all is well.
have you submitted your passport yet? any idea how long does the stamping takes? I submitted mine today in London and asked the person there and they said we cannot say anything and it totally depends on Embassy. Hopefully they do it quickly cause I have only 8 working days before I fly. Lets see.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Submitted application for my mother from the uk on 2nd june. Biometeics done on 9th and now it says processing time is 58 days. I mean seriously why is it so long. No other cou try takes this long to process visa. Whats going on?

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
have you submitted your passport yet? any idea how long does the stamping takes? I submitted mine today in London and asked the person there and they said we cannot say anything and it totally depends on Embassy. Hopefully they do it quickly cause I have only 8 working days before I fly. Lets see.
I submitted my passport on Thursday, was told it would be ready this week. I see on the application status (via GCKey) that there's a counterfoil (visa) already produced for my travel document, so it should be done. However, VFS tracking status went from "your application is being processed" to "no records found", so I might have to try my luck and and pick it up tomorrow.

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
It looks like my passport's just arrived back at the Visa Application Centre, but I had to call them to find out. It took 2 working days for the visa to be stamped altogether. Yous should be back in a day or so.

Reactions: Sedi007

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks, Glad to know people who applied around our time are getting replies.:) and yeah request for passport means 100% all is good :D

@heina I replied to your message but it is pending with moderator :S anyways you'll be able to call them on Monday latest so it is not urgent.
Hi!! Thanks so much for your help. I haven't done and won't need to send an email fortunately... got a passport request today!! :D I did submit 3 webform beforehand.

Reactions: Sedi007

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
It looks like my passport's just arrived back at the Visa Application Centre, but I had to call them to find out. It took 2 working days for the visa to be stamped altogether. Yous should be back in a day or so.
Great to know that your passport is back, mine is still under process though it is only the 3rd day today so I hope I get it till Friday. Hope you have a great trip :)

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Hi!! Thanks so much for your help. I haven't done and won't need to send an email fortunately... got a passport request today!! :D I did submit 3 webform beforehand.
Congrats, great to know Heina!! Hope the stamping goes well as well! Have a great trip :)

Reactions: heina

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Submitted application for my mother from the uk on 2nd june. Biometeics done on 9th and now it says processing time is 58 days. I mean seriously why is it so long. No other cou try takes this long to process visa. Whats going on?
According to my experience, the timeline is just a very rough guide and gives you a very vague idea. If your travel date is approaching or there is any other emergency then please send them a web form or an email to the consulate on the address I have posted previously.

Reactions: heina

aldisssssssss

Jul 31, 2019
I applied through VFS by walk-in no appointment did the biometrics on the same day on the 24th of July at London office. It's been a week but on online tracking, my application is still in the process at visa office (london). I need to go abroad at 12 of the august. I'm a UK resident using an Indonesian passport. I always go to VFS and it just takes 1 or 2 weeks to get my visa done. Really no expecting such uncertainty like this from Canada, the huge country. I'm about to cancel my application, hopefully I can do that. If I could, I will update.

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
I applied through VFS by walk-in no appointment did the biometrics on the same day on the 24th of July at London office. It's been a week but on online tracking, my application is still in the process at visa office (london). I need to go abroad at 12 of the august. I'm a UK resident using an Indonesian passport. I always go to VFS and it just takes 1 or 2 weeks to get my visa done. Really no expecting such uncertainty like this from Canada, the huge country. I'm about to cancel my application, hopefully I can do that. If I could, I will update.
read my message number 69. I am not sure if there is enough time for visa approval and then stamping but you can try emailing them and see what happens. Though I guess you applied very late but then if there is any genuine reason you can try you luck.

Ribak Luifar

Jul 22, 2019
Thanks! Unfortunately, the processing time has now gone up to 43 days. :(
Wow 1.5 months. Thats a lot. When i submitted my application it was showing 22 days and till yesterday that changed to 35 days expected processing. Not sure which date to take into account before i email them my application has gone over the time limit
where can I check my TRV application expected processing time?

Ribak Luifar

Jul 22, 2019
you can visit this website and choose the relevant option to see the processing time. Though it is coming out to be 56 days from London.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Thats the general processing time for everyone. but above kunalchemistry5 mentioned his application processing time changed from 22 days to 35 days. So I was wondering is there any application specific expected processing time or not