+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for visitor Visa from UK in month of June or late May 2019

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Lucky you, it is still the same for me and I have sent a web inquiry form today! lets see! I can see above you gave finger prints on exactly the same date as me but you submitted the application earlier.

Hopefully you'll get the visa soon.
Thank you, hope it gets approved. And hope you get an update soon too.

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Hi guys, a tinge of hope today as my application status has been updated to reviewing eligibility. Did not receive any email notification.
Congrats - this usually means you'll be getting an outcome very soon!
Meanwhile, processing time has gone up to 58 days.

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Guys, a bad news for me :S :S

I have been refused. Its the first time I have been refused ever for any country. Below is the reason which I do not understand at all. I have been to Turkey, Spain, Italy and Greece in last 2 years and I am permanent resident in UK. Then I do not understand why they are not happy with my travel history :(.... If someone has any advice what to do now? I dont know if I should reapply now as processing time gone higher up and it might not be in time IF they accept me the 2nd time.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Guys, a bad news for me :S :S

I have been refused. Its the first time I have been refused ever for any country. Below is the reason which I do not understand at all. I have been to Turkey, Spain, Italy and Greece in last 2 years and I am permanent resident in UK. Then I do not understand why they are not happy with my travel history :(.... If someone has any advice what to do now? I dont know if I should reapply now as processing time gone higher up and it might not be in time IF they accept me the 2nd time.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Oh no I am sorry to hear about that. If you really want to go then reapplying is the only option. Not sure if you can appeal.

wuduu_7

Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys! I applied online for the Visitor Visa from England yesterday that was 13th July. I applied with a reservation of my flight (which I don't know for how long will be valid for) since it wasn't mentioned that one needs to attach the confirm ticket. Is it alright like this or I had to show them a confirm ticket?

wuduu_7

Jul 10, 2019
And one more thing since I applied online I haven't yet given the biometrics. Do you guys know how does a biometric system works for online applicants?

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
And one more thing since I applied online I haven't yet given the biometrics. Do you guys know how does a biometric system works for online applicants?
You'll receive a message in your account with CIC in 48 hours to submit biometrics and then you can walk in or book an appointment with the closest VFS. And reservation is fine as they discourage you to buy confirmed tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: wuduu_7

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Oh no I am sorry to hear about that. If you really want to go then reapplying is the only option. Not sure if you can appeal.
Thanks, yes I have re-applied now and I kind of know what happened and why they refused. I have given all the missing details but now the issue is that I am again in the queue from beginning. I have explained this in the cover letter that now I have less than 27 days before my travel date so it would be kind of them to process my visa before my travel date. Dont know if they care about it or not. But I sent them a web inquiry for the previuos visa on 12th and on 13th they refused it :D which makes me believe wen form works.(unless they did not even see the web inquiry form and it was just a coincidence).

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Thanks, yes I have re-applied now and I kind of know what happened and why they refused. I have given all the missing details but now the issue is that I am again in the queue from beginning. I have explained this in the cover letter that now I have less than 27 days before my travel date so it would be kind of them to process my visa before my travel date. Dont know if they care about it or not. But I sent them a web inquiry for the previuos visa on 12th and on 13th they refused it :D which makes me believe wen form works.(unless they did not even see the web inquiry form and it was just a coincidence).
Oh bummer! I hope you get it this time!
I’m a bit worried as I’m flying to a conference in the US on 8 August but haven’t heard about the application yet. It’s been 33 days - I wonder if I should look to the new timeline instead...

Reactions: DiiDii

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Oh bummer! I hope you get it this time!
I’m a bit worried as I’m flying to a conference in the US on 8 August but haven’t heard about the application yet. It’s been 33 days - I wonder if I should look to the new timeline instead...
Thanks and i guess yoou'll be fine cause mine took exactly 32 days with the biometrics included and if you exclude biom then 28 days.... so I guess you can expect it any day now.

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
And I noticed that my eligibility status did not update until the final decision which means no movement in status does not mean it is not been looked into yet, it is quite possible that they update your status only one timewith final decision.

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
And I noticed that my eligibility status did not update until the final decision which means no movement in status does not mean it is not been looked into yet, it is quite possible that they update your status only one timewith final decision.
Hm, that’s both really good to know and very confusing. Well, let’s hope for the best!

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Any news, anyone?
I asked the IRCC Twitter team whether applications are reviewed according to processing times at the time of application, and they said no - it's based on whatever the current processing time is.

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Any news, anyone?
I asked the IRCC Twitter team whether applications are reviewed according to processing times at the time of application, and they said no - it's based on whatever the current processing time is.
No update on my side :(

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
My biometrics status just changed to “19 June Completed” - at least some form of progress? Otherwise nothing despite multiple enquiries.