+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for study permit online to LA?

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied for a study permit online to LA on March 19th and I still didn't get any update. It has been 11 weeks, and I'm really starting to freak out.
My admission is for Fall 2015.
I have already put in a case specific inquiry twice (the first one was answered saying that my application is in queue for review by a VO), the second one didn't get any response.

I had previously submitted an application which they refused because my purpose of travel and US academic standing were unclear. (For my second application, I submitted an SOP with my transcripts and enrollment letter).

What do you guys think I should do.
Thank you!

anitalaura

May 24, 2015
I'm in your exact situation. I applied for my study permit on March 15th 2015 and have not heard from them since. I have a summer class that starts in 3 weeks that it does not look like I'll be able to get to. I'm panicked that this may be an indicator of rejection. It does seem like (according to people who have posted here in this website) people who applied in March as starting to get their applications processed. Has anything changed for you since you posted this question? I've sent 5 case specific inquiries and have been only answered once. They said that they're behind and I need to wait. In other words, they said nothing.

What's an SOP? People keep posting about that.

Let's keep each other posted!!

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
I applied in 1/4 but I think the delay from the background check

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm glad I'm not alone then. I hope we get it soon because frankly it is getting really hard to just wait.

An SOP is Statement Of Purpose letter (basically I just said I'm going to study X at a school Y and blabla).

Yeah, let's keep each other posted!

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
I got my passport request today.

Now, I'm really confused as to where to send it. Does anyone know where is best? Is NY an option for sending passports for study permit applications?

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
in the letter there is link for submitting by country use it and you can see that you can send it no VAC in NYC

Madagascar1

Jun 5, 2015
I thought I should put my timeline on here:

- March 19th: Applied for study permit online with TRV
- June 6th: Passport request
- June 9th: Sent my passport to VAC LA
- June 10th: Passport received by VAC
- June 11th: Passport received by visa office
- June 12th: Study permit application approved
- June 15th: Passport sent to VAC by visa office
- June 16th: Passport sent to applicant by VAC
- June 17th: I got my passport with student TRV stamped in it.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Are you US citizen? or Are you study in USA and apply study permit in Canada?

Thanks

Madagascar1 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for a study permit online to LA on March 19th and I still didn't get any update. It has been 11 weeks, and I'm really starting to freak out.
My admission is for Fall 2015.
I have already put in a case specific inquiry twice (the first one was answered saying that my application is in queue for review by a VO), the second one didn't get any response.

I had previously submitted an application which they refused because my purpose of travel and US academic standing were unclear. (For my second application, I submitted an SOP with my transcripts and enrollment letter).

What do you guys think I should do.
Thank you!