+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for PR through family sponsorship & also in Express Entry draw?

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Just wondering if anyone is in this boat.
I applied for PR through common law sponsorship (early March 2015) and am also in the EE draw. My score is 448, and am hopefully expecting to get an ITA in the next couple of draws (although i thought that about a month ago too!). I am just wondering if i get selected and they can process the application within 6 months (as they claim) would i then be able to withdraw my original PR application and claim some money back as they obviously wouldnt have progressed through the PR sponsorship stages within that same time frame?

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
i think you should be able to get the money back, not sure how long it will take

i'm in the same boat as you, but we applied family sponsorship in july 2014... haven't heard anything back, just got ITA in the last draw and preparing to submit the documents soon, hopefully we get to hear from one of them soon

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Applied for family sponsorship and awaiting opportunity in EE at score 450.

I think you will get RRPF back, if you have paid that already. All other fees was application fees, and will most likely not be returned even if you withdraw the application.

I hope EE draw comes to lower score soon.