+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
Are there any SDS applicants that have received First stage approval AIP for January 2021 intake? I got my AIP this week and I applied in Nov 2020.

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
question po sa mga experts.. as I am still on the waiting stage for offer letter from school..

for SDS applicants, aside sa 10K CAD GIC, do I need to prepare additional budget for my spouse who will be accompanying me? or do we need to open 2 different 10k CAD GIC each?

Thank you.

Lidaniel

Jan 29, 2021
Are there any SDS applicants that have received First stage approval AIP for January 2021 intake? I got my AIP this week and I applied in Nov 2020.
I thought AIP is for summer to fall 2020 intake with incomplete requirements eg medicals , biometrics , NBI/police clearance

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
I thought AIP is for summer to fall 2020 intake with incomplete requirements eg medicals , biometrics , NBI/police clearance
A similar update was announced recently for applicants submitted before Dec 15th. This is the reason why issuing PPR slows down. This is just similar situation with the months of July and August 2020. AND, ALSO, THEY DID NOT ISSUE AIP ONLY FOR INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS. Starting AIP literally means stopping issuing PPR for an unknown time. If you remember, there was no PPR until the end of October (when the list of DLIs came out). Literally, they issued PPRs in Nov and Dec, and again slowed down issuing PPR and just focus on AIP because of COVID-19.

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
A similar update was announced recently for applicants submitted before Dec 15th. This is the reason why issuing PPR slows down. This is just similar situation with the months of July and August 2020. AND, ALSO, THEY DID NOT ISSUE AIP ONLY FOR INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS. Starting AIP literally means stopping issuing PPR for an unknown time. If you remember, there was no PPR until the end of October (when the list of DLIs came out). Literally, they issued PPRs in Nov and Dec, and again slowed down issuing PPR and just focus on AIP because of COVID-19.
I have passed my biometrics, medicals, AIP. I wonder what’s the delay

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hello po! Good day po. Ask ko lang po kung meron po dito may idea sa situation ko. I received the correspondence letter of biometrics last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020. I lodged my student app before lockdown Feb 2020 with complete requirements po including bio and medical passed. Until now po kasi wala pang update mag 1 year na yung application ko.

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hello, if your intake is September, what is the best month to apply for student permit? Is 4 months enough like applying around May.

Also, would like to confirm if IELTS is not needed anymore for Regular paper based student permit application?

Thank you

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Monmi can I ask assistance since same tayo na may anak na kasama.. ano yung inattach mo sa letter of acceptance para sa Dependent SP? required kasi siya dbah. also yung sa proof of financial support, for SDS yung whole year tuition at GIC lang bah pwde na or attach ko pa rin bank cert/statement for 4months? hope you'll read my message. thanks.

Monmi

Dec 14, 2020
@Monmi can I ask assistance since same tayo na may anak na kasama.. ano yung inattach mo sa letter of acceptance para sa Dependent SP? required kasi siya dbah. also yung sa proof of financial support, for SDS yung whole year tuition at GIC lang bah pwde na or attach ko pa rin bank cert/statement for 4months? hope you'll read my message. thanks.
I just attached my own LOA on his section since dependent student permits are exempt from needing LOA's if the primary applicant is studying/working.

I included 6 months bank statements, bank certifications, and investment statements along with my letter of explanation.

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just attached my own LOA on his section since dependent student permits are exempt from needing LOA's if the primary applicant is studying/working.

I included 6 months bank statements, bank certifications, and investment statements along with my letter of explanation.
Got it.. maraming salamat.. will do the same...

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Hello, if your intake is September, what is the best month to apply for student permit? Is 4 months enough like applying around May.

Also, would like to confirm if IELTS is not needed anymore for Regular paper based student permit application?

Thank you
I think May is okay. I've seen approvals for Sept 2021 intake since December 2020. Yung iba nga nauna pa sa May intake hehe.

Reactions: snickers_21

cftos

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2021
Med's Done....
22-01-2021
Passport Req..
02-04-2021
Hello, I lodged my application for May 2021 intake trough SDS today. Hoping for the best :)

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hello po! do u guys have an idea on when should I expect my final decision? Lodged my application last year Feb 2020. Medical and Bio are done and already passed. I got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020. Until now po kasi wala pa din update after i got my BVL.

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Hello po! do u guys have an idea on when should I expect my final decision? Lodged my application last year Feb 2020. Medical and Bio are done and already passed. I got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020. Until now po kasi wala pa din update after i got my BVL.
Malapit na po yan konting hintay nalang po. Try to send webform.