+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

CelticLuck

Nov 20, 2019
Question po:

My sister is applying for student visa (non SDS), we can provide her tuition fees required by the school..since we were using visa agency services, they( agency) require us for show money for the sponsors with a wooping 2.5m + assetts, now, is anyone here having the same requirements to provide for processing...

TIA

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Question po:

My sister is applying for student visa (non SDS), we can provide her tuition fees required by the school..since we were using visa agency services, they( agency) require us for show money for the sponsors with a wooping 2.5m + assetts, now, is anyone here having the same requirements to provide for processing...

TIA
I used an agency when I applied for my student visa and according to my agent a 1M show money is needed per year of study. Since I have a 2 year program, I was also required 2M show money. The assets are stronger proof that you or your sponsor can support your study plus living expenses in Canada. Assets are also proof that you have a reason to come back to your home country

CelticLuck

Nov 20, 2019
I used an agency when I applied for my student visa and according to my agent a 1M show money is needed per year of study. Since I have a 2 year program, I was also required 2M show money. The assets are stronger proof that you or your sponsor can support your study plus living expenses in Canada
Oh i see, and yes she’s also into 2yr program..unfortunately our relative who will be our prospect sponsor already invest their money to some businesses...is it okay to lend money just for proof of fund purposes and used their accounts?is it likely the application will be denied?

Appreciate your quick reply...

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Oh i see, and yes she’s also into 2yr program..unfortunately our relative who will be our prospect sponsor already invest their money to some businesses...is it okay to lend money just for proof of fund purposes and used their accounts?is it likely the application will be denied?

Appreciate your quick reply...
You mean loan money? That's what sponsors are for, they'll just have to provide their bank accounts, bank statements, etcetera for proof of funds but that money on their account will not be used or spent

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone, may visitor visa na yung kapatid ko and nakapgtravel na siya dito sa canada, ngayon balak niyang mag student dito. Need lang ba niya humanap ng school dito and mag enroll? Ano kaya pwedeng gawin para makapag aral ng college dito?

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Hello everyone, may visitor visa na yung kapatid ko and nakapgtravel na siya dito sa canada, ngayon balak niyang mag student dito. Need lang ba niya humanap ng school dito and mag enroll? Ano kaya pwedeng gawin para makapag aral ng college dito?
Sa pagkakaalam ko po kailangan niya po mag apply for study permit unless short-term studies lang (6 months or less) kukunin nya. I don't think you can convert tourist visa to student visa
Refer here po:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15&_ga=2.171776096.1132548221.1513031783-1812086852.1505486722
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html

bbm1711

Oct 20, 2019
kuwait
Hi Ms. Shang question k lng po if example ung one of the reason ng refusal is ung travel history wherein I'm an OFW po n usually ngttravel lng annually dun sa country n pinagtatrabauhan ko how can I justify that since I didn't travel to US or Europe, TIA po.

happy025

Aug 19, 2019
Hi Ms. Shang question k lng po if example ung one of the reason ng refusal is ung travel history wherein I'm an OFW po n usually ngttravel lng annually dun sa country n pinagtatrabauhan ko how can I justify that since I didn't travel to US or Europe, TIA po.
hi po. nkpag apply n kyo before?

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Sorry to hear about your refusal po. During sa travel niyo po ba nagoverstay kayo? Do you have any other travel history wherein hindi work ang reason? You have to declare every country na nabisita niyo po in the last 10 years or ever since you turned 18. Bumawi nalang po kayo sa SOP niyo and make an LOE about your travel history

Reactions: bbm1711