+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jnemiada

Feb 12, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 04, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 04, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
January 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
need advice, my sister in law wants to come here as an international student, she have a masters degree in computer science in the philippines. what route should she take? should she enrol on a graduate program such as masters or just diploma is enough. thanks

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
I wanna share my experience and the timeline (student permit paper based)

Oct 28: I submitted my application at VFS, biometrics and photo was taken. Btw, I did medical upfront last sept so the results were already out ahead of time

Oct 28: They received my application already

Oct 29: My application is under process at IRRC.

October 30: Received an email stating that my biometrics is approved and valid for 10 yrs

Nov 4: Study permit to Canada is approved. They informed me that my passport is ready for pick- up.

“God is going to give you more than you asked for.” Ephesians 3:20

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi mscutler. It's a 2-year program po. The next class would be Sept 2020 po.

Just received the refusal letter. On my first refusal, i have 4 reasons po: purpose of visit, current employment situation, family ties, employment prospect.

This time, it's down to two: purpose of visit and current employment situation. I am unemployed po. How would i address this case? And pano po yung purpose of visit?
Have you tried requesting for your gcms notes to know the exact details of your refusal? as above are just generic reasons

bbm1711

Oct 20, 2019
kuwait

Oct 28: I submitted my application at VFS, biometrics and photo was taken. Btw, I did medical upfront last sept so the results were already out ahead of time

October 30: Received an email stating that my biometrics is approved and valid for 10 yrs

Nov 4: Study permit to Canada is approved. They informed me that my passport is ready for pick- up.

hi. Is this your first time to apply the visa

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
need advice, my sister in law wants to come here as an international student, she have a masters degree in computer science in the philippines. what route should she take? should she enrol on a graduate program such as masters or just diploma is enough. thanks
Hi. My 2cents: it would be recommended for her to take a phd to show educ progression since if it would be a lower credential it might become a concern from the visa officer's perspective --given that studying in Canada is rather costly and pretty faraway it might not make sense to them if she would be getting a lower credential; it will not outweigh the cost of her studies there. If Phd is something she isnt open to perhaps another masters will do that would be relevant to her career goal. She just needs to ensure to clearly explain her intention to study etc...in her statement of purpose.

Farey

Nov 8, 2019

Hi,

May I ask po if anong email ung marereceive after ng biometrics? We did the biometrics last nov 6,2019 pero walamg email na nareceive. Pero sa status naman po sa GC is biometrics completed..

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hi,

May I ask po if anong email ung marereceive after ng biometrics? We did the biometrics last nov 6,2019 pero walamg email na nareceive. Pero sa status naman po sa GC is biometrics completed..
Hi! Actually I didn’t create a gc key account nagrely na lang ako sa VFS emails for update. Then ayun nakareceive na lang ako email from immigration about biometrics validity.

Last edited:

Farey

Nov 8, 2019
A okay.. Antay antay lng sguro. Wala pa dn ksi request for medical. Hopefully, positive ung application namin. Salamat

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello everyone...may i ask information regarding booking of flights for those who got their study permits...is it necessary to have a return flight?

Farey

Nov 8, 2019
Hi! Actually I didn’t create a gc key account nagrely na lang ako sa VFS emails for update. Then ayun nakareceive na lang ako email from immigration about biometrics validity.
Hi po. Mga ilang days po after ng biometric kayo nakareceive ng email? And regarding po sa medical. Wala pa po kasi request til now.

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hi po. Mga ilang days po after ng biometric kayo nakareceive ng email? And regarding po sa medical. Wala pa po kasi request til now.
A day after lang din po ng pagpasa ko ng documents sa VFS. Regarding naman sa medical, I did medical upfront bale September pa po ako nagpa medical para di ko na antayin yung request ng embassy and dire-diretso yung process, nauna na yung results ko doon bago pa ako magpasa ng documents. :)