+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hi. I submitted the receipt from the school, didn't anymore include the receipt from flywire though I had to wait for around a week for the payment to be posted in the school system.
Thank you for your reply...did you communicate with your school that you have already paid thru Flywire?..i paid last 0ctober 11 for the 1st term starting jan 2020, and no feedback yet from the school..but according to Flywire, said payment has already been delivered.

And since we are applying thru SDS, we made an additional payment for the 2nd term starting May 2020 last October 17, and the status indicated is payment received...not delivered yet to the school as of to date...

The TF receipt is only my lacking requirement before I can submit online.

Would the visa officer allow proof of payment from Flywire as the document for TF paid?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thank you for your reply...did you communicate with your school that you have already paid thru Flywire?..i paid last 0ctober 11 for the 1st term starting jan 2020, and no feedback yet from the school..but according to Flywire, said payment has already been delivered.

And since we are applying thru SDS, we made an additional payment for the 2nd term starting May 2020 last October 17, and the status indicated is payment received...not delivered yet to the school as of to date...

The TF receipt is only my lacking requirement before I can submit online.

Would the visa officer allow proof of payment from Flywire as the document for TF paid?
I didn't need to connect to the school as I knew initially that they would send me the official receipt once it's reflected in their system. For you i guess it wouldn't hurt to check with your school if they would be sending you the official receipt once it's posted or perhaps you can also check with your school if the flywire receipt would do as proof of payment.

Reactions: Anyw

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I didn't need to connect to the school as I knew initially that they would send me the official receipt once it's reflected in their system. For you i guess it wouldn't hurt to check with your school if they would be sending you the official receipt once it's posted or perhaps you can also check with your school if the flywire receipt would do as proof of payment.
Thank you for your reply...I already sent an email to the school...Godbless

Estrellita Cose

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
H

Hi po... ang sa amin po ay andto kmi sa UAE then sinubmit ng agency nmin sa Pinas online.. hndi po same day ung biometrics.. nung nktnggap ng letter na pwede mg pa biomtrcs , ngbgay agncy ng refernce number then kmi ung ngpunta dto s VFS for biometrcs..

decided po na online nalang dahil dun sa bio..sabi din kc ng vfs customer service talagang need on the same day pag paper based daw.
Anyway, since online nalang kami, medyo meron nanaman confusing na form, itong IMM5257 kung need pa kaya namin tong e submit? OWP aaplyan namin eh..wala namang TRV..

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
decided po na online nalang dahil dun sa bio..sabi din kc ng vfs customer service talagang need on the same day pag paper based daw.
Anyway, since online nalang kami, medyo meron nanaman confusing na form, itong IMM5257 kung need pa kaya namin tong e submit? OWP aaplyan namin eh..wala namang TRV..
Hi. As I remember IMM5257 is under optional section - you may or you may not fill it out however for me and for my spouse we filled it out even if its optional, from our end since our travel history helps show that we dont overstay and always go back we decided to include it :)

Also, I think for the TRV its automatically given if your student and sowp app are approved. Once you apply for extension or post grad work permit that's the time you have to apply for trv separately - once extension or post grad wp is approved.

Estrellita Cose

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hi. As I remember IMM5257 is under optional section - you may or you may not fill it out however for me and for my spouse we filled it out even if its optional, from our end since our travel history helps show that we dont overstay and always go back we decided to include it :)

Also, I think for the TRV its automatically given if your student and sowp app are approved. Once you apply for extension or post grad work permit that's the time you have to apply for trv separately - once extension or post grad wp is approved.

Thank you for such information. one more thing, what should i put in purpose of visit. Family visit or others? if others, what should i put in letter b as others? my partner is my common law and i am student.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thank you for such information. one more thing, what should i put in purpose of visit. Family visit or others? if others, what should i put in letter b as others? my partner is my common law and i am student.
Is it for your partner's application? Will he be applying for open work permit? If yes then choose work/open work as purpose of visit.

aby08

Oct 8, 2019
Hi! Anyone applying in Nait here? I just want to ask about the school documents you’ve submitted. Are they school-sealed? Did you ask your previous university to send them or did you just submit the copy you have and have them certified/notified?

Thank you in advance!

kisdubu

Jun 24, 2019
Hi! Anyone applying in Nait here? I just want to ask about the school documents you’ve submitted. Are they school-sealed? Did you ask your previous university to send them or did you just submit the copy you have and have them certified/notified?

Thank you in advance!
Hi! I applied in NAIT and got accepted for Jan 2020. I submitted my documents personally so I still got my documents back. The documents from my previous schools (HS and college) are not sealed but they have the school stamp on them. Hope this helps :)

aby08

Oct 8, 2019
Hi! I applied in NAIT and got accepted for Jan 2020. I submitted my documents personally so I still got my documents back. The documents from my previous schools (HS and college) are not sealed but they have the school stamp on them. Hope this helps :)
Thank you for replying! :)

I’m sorry but can you please elaborate the ‘I submitted my documents personally’ part? Did you have someone drop them to the registrar or did you really submit them personally? Also, may I know how long they’ve assessed your documents? Thank you!

Estrellita Cose

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
To clarify, this is for the sched 1 application for temp residence form right? Are you pertaining to section b after the #8 previous travel question?
this is for the sched 1 application for temp residence form right? = Yes

Are you pertaining to section b after the #8 previous travel question? = no travel history except current of residence UAE. what makes me confused if i'm going to include this form is what to write in the question "Purpose of Visit" option available related to our purpose is "Family visit and other" only. If I click "other" what should i write in "section b) Other".

Thank you po for your patience to answer my confusion.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
this is for the sched 1 application for temp residence form right? = Yes

Are you pertaining to section b after the #8 previous travel question? = no travel history except current of residence UAE. what makes me confused if i'm going to include this form is what to write in the question "Purpose of Visit" option available related to our purpose is "Family visit and other" only. If I click "other" what should i write in "section b) Other".

Thank you po for your patience to answer my confusion.
As I remember when I filled this out last August - For the purpose of visit field in section b this refers to the purpose of visit of your previous international travel history within the past 5 years or from the age of 18 whichever is most recent. As I recall the purpose of visit field is a free text field you can write whatever was your purpose for travelling to that specific country. Not sure if they have updated the form from the time I submitted my application though.

kisdubu

Jun 24, 2019
Thank you for replying! :)

I’m sorry but can you please elaborate the ‘I submitted my documents personally’ part? Did you have someone drop them to the registrar or did you really submit them personally? Also, may I know how long they’ve assessed your documents? Thank you!
You're welcome :)

I went there as a tourist then decided to apply for a study permit so I was able to go to NAIT myself. My application was kinda complicated since I initially applied for Fall 2019 but it was late when I submitted my application. I had to submit another application for Winter 2020, which was on July 15 then got the program acceptance letter in August 1. From what they told me it takes 3-4 weeks for them to asses international documents from there they will submit it to the department of you chosen program. It will depend on the dept on how long it would take for them to review if they can accept you or not.